Increase student resilience and wellbeing
The Graduate Certificate in Educational Wellbeing focuses on diversity, educational support in difficult times, leadership and how to enhance student wellbeing.
Schools play an integral role in promoting social and emotional development for students. This course focuses on units of study that offer foundational knowledge to help you build supportive school communities and positive learning environments for both students and teachers.
If you decide to pursue a higher qualification, units of study completed during the Graduate Certificate can be credited towards enrolment in a Master of Education.
Who's It For?
Our Master of Education students work in a variety of educational contexts around Australia. Below is a snapshot of some of these roles and jobs.
- Deputy Head of School
- Lead Teacher
- High School Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- Education Consultant
- Classroom Teacher
- Assistant Principal
- Community Wellbeing Coordinator
What You'll Learn
- Unique take on wellbeing – Focus on the needs of teachers as well as learners
- Build thriving environments – Build environments where everyone can thrive
- Enhance wellbeing – Learn skills to respond to the diverse needs of students and enhance student wellbeing
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months part-time
To qualify for entry to the Graduate Certificate in Educational Wellbeing, you must have:
- Four-year Bachelor degree in Education from any Australian university or equivalent; OR
- An undergraduate degree and a fourth-year level teaching qualification from any Australian university or equivalent
In either case, students need to be proficient in English.
- Lead wellbeing initiatives across your school community
- Academics have a wealth of primary and secondary school experience
- Become an effective leader in the school and classroom
- Supports next step in educational career
- Be supported every step of the way
- Accelerated, online learning designed for busy teachers
- One of Australia’s most affordable online MEd degrees
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
To gain your online Graduate Certificate in Education, specialising in Educational Wellbeing, you will study four core units.
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G