Enhance your leadership credentials with an online Graduate Certificate in Hospitality Decision Making designed to equip you with industry-focused, transferable skills for high-level hospitality management roles in a wide range of organisations and service industries.
Learn the business research skills needed to acquire, process and analyse information to support business decision-making; explore the essentials of risk and contingency management including crisis planning & organisational measures; learn about service quality management & the service delivery process; understand hospitality project design & fundamental project management processes.
Who's It For?
Our Higher Education Certificates are designed for those in the hospitality sector who wish to upskill to advance their career, or anyone seeking a deeper understanding of effective hospitality management as the benchmark for service success. The qualification will benefit jobseekers navigating the current unpredictable employment market where there is industry demand for specific managerial skills.
What You'll Learn
- Essential business research skills needed to acquire, process and analyse information to support the business decision-making; the information business managers need to operate a sustainable business
- The essentials of risk and contingency management in a changing world, with particular emphasis on tourism and hospitality; crisis management, planning and mitigating measures, and, common crisis management instruments
- Key elements of service quality management including customer behaviour; the service delivery process; managing people for service advantage; balancing capacity and demand, and customer satisfaction and loyalty
- The principles of hospitality project design; fundamental project management processes in a hospitality context; project time and cost management, and management of the organisation and people
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
- Undergraduate degree or 3 years relevant business or hospitality experience and expertise at a management level. No ATAR score required.
- English proficiency: 6.5 Academic IELTS with no band score below 6
Supported Online Learning
The program will be accessed via our online learning platform offering interactive and supported learning from Le Cordon Bleu Australia expert lecturers. Students will access eBooks, academic databases and video conferencing tools. 24/7 Access to learning materials.
At successful completion of an online higher education course, you will receive an AQF accredited Le Cordon Bleu Australia certificate.
Successful completion of an online certificate guarantees entry into all Le Cordon Bleu Australia Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs and may act as a pathway to awards offered by other Higher Education Providers.
Course learning outcomes may be assessed via submission of a range of assessment tasks including problem-solving exercises, online tests and examinations, reports, research assignments and group projects.
Business research skills play a key role in providing the information business managers need to ensure that their business can develop, compete, expand and remain sustainable. The unit aims to introduce students to the advanced business research skills necessary to acquire, process and analyse information that will support quality business decision-making.
- Overview of Research and Business Decision Making Processes
- Credible Sources and Literature Review Research Process: Choices and Dilemmas
- Data Collection (Primary and Archival) and Ethical Issues
- Qualitative Research in Business Decision Making
- Measurement: Reliability and Validity Issues in Business Research
- Survey Research in Business Decision Making
- Descriptive and Relational Studies in Business Decision Making
- Communicating Research Results
- Research Findings and Business Decision Making
- Tourism and Hospitality in a Changing World
- The Basics of Crisis Management
- Crises’ Spheres of Activity
- Methods of Analysis and Prognosis
- Strategic Measures of Crisis Management
- Crisis Planning and Organisational Measures
- Crisis Management Instruments (Part 1): Product and Price
- Crisis Management Instruments (Part 2): Distribution and Communication
- The Future of Crisis Management
- Introduction to Service Quality Management
- Customer Behaviour, Culture and Service
- The Service Delivery Process
- Distributing Services
- Balancing Capacity and Demand
- Crafting the Environment
- Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty
- Handling Customer Complaints and Managing Service Recovery
- Managing People for Service Advantage
- Project Management and Hospitality Industry Projects
- Project Management Processes and Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management and Quality Management
- The Project Organisation, People and Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Monitoring and Control
- Closing the Project
- Project Communication
About Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has been inspiring hospitality dreams for over 30 years, and today delivers leading culinary arts programmes, hotel and restaurant management degrees in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and 100% online Higher Education certificates. In Australia, our students enjoy a high standard of living with the prospect of entering a thriving hospitality industry rich in career opportunities.
Create your hospitality dream with Le Cordon Bleu.