The foundations of success.
RMIT Online’s Graduate Certificate in Project Management will provide you with strong project management foundations. You’ll learn the key principles of project management and understand the options for developing these skills to lead teams and successfully design quality programs in all industries. If you choose the IT specialisation, you’ll also gain knowledge in Agile project management.
With more and more businesses opting for leaders with formal qualifications, this program is an ideal qualification for anyone wanting to start a career in this field. With the option to specialise in IT project management, the program also provides a recognised pathway into the Graduate Diploma of Project Management.
The course will give you the necessary knowledge and practical skills to lead and plan projects and to liaise with stakeholders to deliver on time and on budget. Graduates are highly sought after across many industries around the world in booming sectors like mining, IT, events, engineering and construction.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 4 Courses, (7 weeks each)
- 8 months intensive, part-time
- Successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification), or
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in a related industry. Applicants with professional experience at a senior level that is less than five years may also be considered.
To have your professional experience considered you must include in your application:
- a CV
- a statement that details your experience
English language requirements:
- You must meet the University’s minimum English language requirements to be eligible for a place in this program.
- If you are a local student, refer to the English requirements for postgraduate coursework programs.
- If you are an international student, refer to the English requirements and equivalency information. The program requires a minimum overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 in IELTS (Academic).
Australian Student Visas
- RMIT’s online Graduate Certificate in Project Management does not meet Australian student visa requirements. For an Australian student visa, you must have an on-campus place in a program of study.
The most efficient way to gain a qualification in your chosen career
- Finish your online Graduate Certificate in Project Management in just eight months thanks to our innovative intensive learning structure. We offer six intakes per year, and our study periods run for seven weeks each, focusing on one course at a time for fast-tracked, consolidated learning. This format will help you learn, grasp and apply each new concept before beginning the next.
Choose your own pathway
- Choose the generalist project management pathway to develop a broad skill set that applies to a wide range of industries. Alternatively, you can select the IT-specific path if you’re looking to develop specialised project management skills in the IT industry.
Learn contemporary theory, principles and best practice
- RMIT’s industry experts will help you develop an in-depth understanding of current and specialist project management practices and techniques. You will develop a strong foundation in contemporary project management knowledge and learn effective tools to mitigate risk, design strong projects and lead successful teams.
- Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, you may continue on to study the Graduate Diploma. The Graduate Certificate is also a pathway to a masters degree for some students. Contact one of our Student Enrolment Advisors to receive more information and discuss your individual circumstances.
About RMIT Online
A world-class education delivered 100% online.
RMIT University is a world leader in Art and Design, Architecture and the Built Environment, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies. Ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and 16th in the world for universities less than 50 years old, RMIT is known for being industry-led and producing exceptional career outcomes.
One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has earned an international reputation for creating exceptional, employable and highly skilled graduates who want more out of their careers. We offer vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines, on-campus in Australia and around the world.
RMIT is now taking this excellence in work-connected learning online. Our new 100 per cent online, intensive postgraduate programs are designed for ambitious working professionals who are aiming high with their careers.
This carefully selected range of online programs brings together the academic rigour and industry connectivity of the on-campus versions and optimises them for the digital world. You’ll learn how to push the boundaries of what’s possible, create valuable connections and take your career into your own hands.
RMIT Online is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #3046)