Progress your project management career
Set your project management career up for success. Study the Graduate Certificate in Project Management with SCU Online. Accredited by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), through SCU Online’s online graduate certificate in project management, you’ll be introduced to core competencies including risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis.
If you’re new to study or returning after a break, a Graduate Certificate in Project Management online can help you build your practical skills in project management and grow your confidence too. If you find you love it, everything you study can be credited towards a Southern Cross University Online Graduate Diploma in Project Management or a Master of Project Management (MPM). The skills and knowledge you learn studying a Graduate Certificate in Project Management are transferable across many roles and industries. Even if you changed careers completely – the skills you learn while studying your grad cert come with you
Who's It For?
Qualified project managers are in high demand, both here in Australia and around the world. When you graduate, you will have an in-depth understanding of project management methodologies, be able to meet project goals and make complex strategic decisions. Our students work in a variety of project management roles across all industries. Below is a snapshot of some of these project management jobs.
- Project Manager
- Workspace Services Engineer
- Construction Administrator
- General Business Manager
- Logistics Manager
- IT Project Management Manager
- Agile IT Project Manager
- Managing Director
- IoT Technology Project Manager
What You'll Learn
- Help set your projects up for success – Lay the foundation for the skills you need to successfully complete projects
- Grow your confidence – Build your skillset in project management to increase your confidence while managing projects
- Tailor your PM qualification to your passion – Choose your electives based on your career interests
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months part-time
To qualify for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; or
- Have over five years’ work experience/professional standing that is regarded by the Academic Board as equivalent to an undergraduate degree
- Achievable and accessible PM qualification
- Broaden your career opportunities in PM
- Lead projects with confidence
- Course is endorsed by AIPM, aligned with PMBOK
- Receive dedicated support every step of the way
- Accelerated, online course designed for busy professionals
- Affordable fees, FEE-HELP available
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
To qualify for a Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you will complete four units. You will need to complete the compulsory core unit, Project Management Principles, and then take two units from core units and one unit from either the core unit or elective offering
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G