We live in a more connected world, where events across the globe have a significant impact on local businesses. This requires leaders who are able to use the latest global business thinking and data strategies to manage uncertainty and leverage new opportunities. James Cook University’s (JCU) online Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Global is your first step towards becoming the leader tomorrow’s business will demand.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Account Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Finance Manager
- General Manager
- Industry Specialist Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
What You'll Learn
- To complete the online Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global, you will study four subjects. These subjects also form part of the MBA Global, should you choose to continue towards a Master’s degree
- Each subject runs for seven weeks, in addition to an orientation week, with six enrolment periods per year
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 months part-time
- 4 subjects (One subject per each 7-week study period)
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree or postgraduate studies in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy
- Gain a global perspective and harness your understanding of international markets to inform business practice
- Learn how to analyse and leverage data to make strategic decisions
- Become an effective leader by enhancing your management capabilities
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor
- Begin a pathway to further study
Recognition of Prior Learning
- The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your Graduate Certificate. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options
Our Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global will improve your skills in the following areas:
- Global Perspective: Gain a deep understanding of the principles driving global markets.
- Data-Informed Strategies: Learn the data analysis skills to identify opportunities in the data and develop new strategies.
- Confident Leadership: Develop the knowledge and skills to lead organisations in an uncertain world.
About James Cook University
Study when it suits you, receive personal academic support and make your CV shine with a qualification from an internationally recognised university.
With a reputation for excellence in teaching and research, we know the value of a world-class education: our students graduate to become leaders in their fields and their communities. What’s more, JCU has been awarded five stars for graduate job success for six years running by The Good Universities Guide.
Through our postgraduate courses, we aim to empower professionals to have a positive impact and make their lives matter. Enrol and gain the skills to build your brighter future, today.