Develop an in-depth understanding of current and specialist project management practices and techniques. You will develop a strong foundation in contemporary knowledge in this field and learn practical tools to mitigate risk, design projects and lead successful teams. Become a more effective project manager by learning how to critically analyse management theory to determine the most effective ways to manage projects and empower and improve the performance of teams to drive project success.
What You'll Learn
- Scope, develop and manage a project utilising appropriate project management techniques
- Critique legal case studies in project management practice and identify the legal implications for professional practice
- Apply best practice project management principles to assess the efficacy of project management practice in a workplace setting
- Work as a team member and leader to produce a project plan
- Reflect on the experience of working in a team to improve team function
- Undertake individual research within the field of project management
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 courses – 16 months intensive part-time
- Each course is seven weeks in duration and requires a minimum of 15–20 hours study per week
- Successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification), or a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in a related industry
- Applicants with professional experience at a senior level that is less than 5 years may also be considered
To have your professional experience considered you must include in your application:
- a CV
- a statement that details your experience
- A flexible student experience allows you to utilise study tools anywhere, anytime
- Our cutting-edge learning environment means you don’t have to be a computer whiz to use it
- Industry-experienced academics are there to guide you every step of the way
- Online doesn’t mean you’re alone – connect with fellow students to share ideas, organise study groups and for further support
- One-on-one support and assistance from our ‘study concierge’ keeps you motivated and helps you reach your goals
- Build your professional network through the connections you make while studying
- Graduate with a globally-recognised degree without compromising your life or career trajectory
About RMIT Online
A world-class education delivered 100% online.
RMIT University is a world leader in Art and Design, Architecture and the Built Environment, Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Business and Management Studies. Ranked among the top 15 universities in Australia and 16th in the world for universities less than 50 years old, RMIT is known for being industry-led and producing exceptional career outcomes.
One of Australia’s original tertiary institutions, RMIT University has earned an international reputation for creating exceptional, employable and highly skilled graduates who want more out of their careers. We offer vocational, undergraduate and postgraduate programs across a broad range of disciplines, on-campus in Australia and around the world.
RMIT is now taking this excellence in work-connected learning online. Our new 100 per cent online, intensive postgraduate programs are designed for ambitious working professionals who are aiming high with their careers.
This carefully selected range of online programs brings together the academic rigour and industry connectivity of the on-campus versions and optimises them for the digital world. You’ll learn how to push the boundaries of what’s possible, create valuable connections and take your career into your own hands.
RMIT Online is Registered Training Organisation (RTO #3046)