This Graduate Diploma gives you the specialist skills to create the end-to-end data ecosystems that redefine the way the world works and interacts. From human-centric smart devices to large infrastructural smart networks, you’ll gain the skills to grow your career in rapidly expanding field.
A Graduate Diploma in Data Science (IoT) from JCU helps you carve out a career in this booming field by giving you the skills to design end-to-end IoT ecosystems, integrate AI with IoT into an analytics pipeline, collect relevant
data and enable the analysis of the data to inform and drive more effective and insightful strategies for businesses and governments.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Computer Network & Systems Engineer
- Program Developer
- Software & Applications Programmer
- Engineering Manager
What You'll Learn
- An interdisciplinary approach gives you relevant knowledge in mathematics, information technology and business domains, as well as specialist knowledge of Networks, Sensors, Programming and Smart Devices
- The Graduate Diploma of Data Science (IoT) is delivered by academics with real-world experience
- The Data Science and IoT course consists of eight subjects delivered 100% online. There are six study periods every year, each seven weeks long. You can either study the subjects in the order they are delivered or, depending on your personal and career demands, sit a subject out and simply complete that subject later in the course
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 16 months part-time
- 8 subjects (One subject per each 7-week study period)
- A Bachelor degree, plus high school intermediate level mathematics (basic algebra and differential calculus)*; or at least five years of relevant work experience (high numeracy skills), or
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline (mathematics, statistics, physics, IT, computer science, engineering); or a Graduate Certificate of Data Science
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy
- Gain specialist knowledge in the field of IoT and complex data ecosystems
- Develop fundamental skills in data science
- Open up your career opportunities
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor
Recognition of Prior Learning
- JCU recognises the value of past study and real-world experience. Exemptions or credits for elective subjects will be considered on a case-by-case basis, upon submission of verifiable supporting documentation
A Graduate Diploma in Data Science (IoT) from JCU helps you carve out a career in this booming field by giving you the skills to:
- Design end-to-end IoT ecosystems
- Integrate AI with IoT into an analytics pipeline
- Collect and analyse data to inform and drive effective and insightful strategies for businesses and government
About James Cook University
Study when it suits you, receive personal academic support and make your CV shine with a qualification from an internationally recognised university.
With a reputation for excellence in teaching and research, we know the value of a world-class education: our students graduate to become leaders in their fields and their communities. What’s more, JCU has been awarded five stars for graduate job success for six years running by The Good Universities Guide.
Through our postgraduate courses, we aim to empower professionals to have a positive impact and make their lives matter. Enrol and gain the skills to build your brighter future, today.