Set yourself up for success
Are you ready to build your skills and knowledge in project management? Study the Graduate Diploma in Project Management with SCU Online. You’ll learn project management principles including initiation and planning; quality control and risk, project procurement, contract management; and portfolio and program management. SCU Online’s Graduate Diploma in Project Management is Accredited by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
The skills and knowledge you learn studying a Graduate Diploma in Project Management are transferable across different roles and industries. Even if you completely change career – skills you learn while studying your diploma will come with you.
Who's It For?
Qualified project managers are in high demand, both here in Australia and around the world. When you graduate, you will have an in-depth understanding of project management methodologies, be able to meet project goals and make complex strategic decisions. Our students work in a variety of project management roles across all industries. Below is a snapshot of some of these project management jobs.
- Project Manager
- Workspace Services Engineer
- Construction Administrator
- General Business Manager
- Logistics Manager
- IT Project Management Manager
- Agile IT Project Manager
- Managing Director
- IoT Technology Project Manager
What You'll Learn
- Learn project management principles – From initiation and planning to portfolio and program management, you will learn the principles of project management
- Lead and manage projects with confidence – Establish a sound understanding of the leadership techniques necessary to successfully lead a project through to completion
- Tailor your PM qualification to your passion – Chose from a wide variety of electives so you can tailor your qualification to your career goals
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 16 months part-time
To qualify for entry into the Graduate Diploma of Project Management, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of two years’ work experience in a professional environment; or
- Have over five years’ work experience/professional standing that is regarded by the Academic Board as equivalent to an undergraduate degree
- Be proficient in English
- Achievable and accessible PM qualification
- Broaden your career opportunities in PM
- Lead projects with confidence
- Course is endorsed by AIPM, aligned with PMBOK
- Receive dedicated support every step of the way
- Accelerated, online course designed for busy professionals
- Affordable fees, FEE-HELP available
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
To gain a Graduate Diploma in Project Management online, you need to successfully complete eight units which include all six core units and a choice of two elective units.
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G