Perfect for ambitious individuals wanting to move up the corporate ladder, the Graduate Diploma of Sports Administration is a highly flexible postgraduate level offering providing professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary for success. The increasingly political, legislative, and commercial complexity of issues surrounding the administration of sport demands managers with enhanced qualifications at a postgraduate level. Delivered solely online, students can receive the industry-recognised training they require, whilst continuing to work.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Sports Administrators
- Sports Researchers
- Middle and senior managing in sports organisations
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 1 Year full time
- Part time equivalent available
Online learning allows students to access the same learning resources and support available to on-campus students. The online learning environment is designed to be an interactive, engaging and supportive. It is normally expected that students applying for credit will complete at least 50% of the final year of the degree. Online subjects are taught with a viable cohort of students. If the cohort is not the right size for interactive learning students may be asked to attend on campus.
Applicants must meet at least ONE of the following criteria:
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant area
- An Advanced Diploma, Diploma or higher level vocational certificate with additional relevant work experience
- Extensive relevant work or educational experience demonstrating the potential to undertake work at the Graduate Diploma level
The strength of this sports administration course lies in the breadth of its focus – governance, finance, law, ethics, facility management, human resource management, marketing, media relations, event management, and risk management.
The exploration of administrative principles within each unit is supported through the use of case studies specific to the sports industry. Case studies provide students with strong application-based and vocationally-relevant learning experiences.
Students can elect to exit the course after four units and graduate with a Graduate Certificate in Sports Administration
While some subjects require mid-term and final exams, assessments may also comprise quizzes, essays and tutorial participation. Students enrolled in an online subject sit their final exam at the College or, if they live at a distance, under external supervision.
Stephanie HukeGraduate Diploma of Sports Administration
For more than a century ACPE has been manifesting our students’ career aspirations into reality. ACPE empowers students by providing specialised education, first-rate qualifications and access to career-enhancing opportunities in addition to a great student life experience. Start your journey towards your career in physical education (PDHPE), dance education, sports business, health science, health and movement, coaching, applied fitness, and community health. ACPE courses are delivered at its purpose-built campus in Sydney Olympic Park, with a range of courses and individual subjects offered online.