Do you love spending time in the garden? Are you passionate about plants and want to learn more about plant varieties and how to care for them? Do you dream of working in a garden or nursery businesses? Then this course is for you.
Designed as introductory course, with the aim to give you a solid foundation into horticulture business, you will learn how to manage a horticulture business or enterprise, such as a nursery, park, garden, orchard, farm, or landscape business. Learn how to improve productivity and minimise risk, explore potential legalities relevant to horticulture, and find out how to develop a horticulture business plan. You will also learn the basics of gardening and landscaping, from garden maintenance, to alternative growing techniques, to how to identify plant species, explore plant groups, and successfully grow lawns and care for them.
Who's It For?
- This course is a beginner level course and will lay a sound foundation of knowledge and skills in which can grow with experience and further study
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Gardener or Landscaper
- Plant Nursery Assistant
What You'll Learn
- In this introductory module, you’ll learn how to identify plants and plant families, about pruning and landscaping, tree health and assessment, and soil and plant nutrition. From water management and how to grow and maintain lawns, this module delivers a sound foundation into the world of horticulture
- This module is designed with the aim to teach you how to manage a horticulture business or enterprise, such as a nursery, park, garden, orchard, farm, or landscape business. You will learn about key management functions that are vital to succeed in horticulture resource management, such as financial management, leading a team and staff management. Learn about productivity and risk, potential legalities relevant to horticulture, and how to develop a horticulture business plan
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- There are no prerequisites to complete this course. However, you must be able to read, analyse and comprehend, printed information in English, and to write statements and solve problems to complete the course. You must also have reliable access to a computer and a reliable internet connection and have basic computer skills
- If you identify as having a long-term impairment, disability or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete your online study, please speak to us
- Please note, you must be 18 years of age and an Australian citizen or resident to enrol in a course with us
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Assessments are a critical step in the learning process. They help ensure you stay on track and meet the learning objectives of each lesson before moving onto the next. They also help your tutor identify where any further support may be
required, so that you get the most out of your course
- You will learn via various methods; a combination of reading, interacting with tutors, undertaking research and watching videos. Each lesson will conclude with an assignment that is marked by your assigned tutor and returned to you with feedback, and if necessary, some recommended additional reading. Assessments may come in the form of – case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Study with the help of our Tutors and the Student Support team to achieve an industry-focussed certificate.
- Enrol with us today to begin your future-focused learning journey
- After enrolment, we’ll give you a 5-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure the course is right for you
2 Key Modules, made up of 23 subjects:
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.