This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT Pros how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory-related issues with Windows Server 2016.
Additionally, this course teaches how to deploy other Active Directory server roles such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
Who's It For?
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to preparing for the 70-742 exam
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure domain controllers
- Manage objects in AD DS by using graphical tools and Windows PowerShell
- Implement AD DS in complex environments
- Implement AD DS sites, and configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Manage user settings by using GPOs
- Secure AD DS and user accounts
- Implement and manage a certificate authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS
- Deploy and manage certificates
- Implement and administer AD FS
- Implement and administer Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS)
- Implement synchronization between AD DS and Azure AD
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and establish business continuity for AD DS services
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts
- An awareness of basic security best practices
- Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10
- Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interface
Control your learning experience with Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand!
Now you can build Microsoft technical expertise while balancing the demands of your schedule, with Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand).
This module describes the features of AD DS and how to install domain controllers (DCs). It also covers the considerations for deploying DCs.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of AD DS domain controllers
- Deploying a domain controller
This module describes how to use various techniques to manage objects in AD DS. This includes creating and configuring user, group, and computer objects.
- Managing user accounts
- Managing groups in AD DS
- Managing computer objects in AD DS
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS administration
- Implementing and managing OUs
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests. The module provides an overview of the components in an advanced AD DS deployment, the process of implementing a distributed AD DS environment, and the procedure for configuring AD DS trusts.
- Overview of advanced AD DS deployments
- Deploying a distributed AD DS environment
- Configuring AD DS trusts
This module describes how to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations. The module explains how replication works in a Windows Server 2016 AD DS environment.
- Overview of AD DS replication
- Configuring AD DS sites
- Configuring and monitoring AD DS replication
This module describes how to implement a GPO infrastructure. The module provides an overview of the components and technologies that compose the Group Policy framework.
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and administering GPOs
- Group Policy scope and Group Policy processing
- Troubleshooting the application of GPOs
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.