This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to provision a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database. The course covers SQL Server 2016 provision both on-premise and in Azure, and covers installing from new and migrating from an existing install.
Who's It For?
The primary audience for this course are database professionals who need to fulfil a Business Intelligence Developer role. They will need to focus on hands-on work creating BI solutions including Data Warehouse implementation, ETL, and data cleansing.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the key elements of a data warehousing solution
- Describe the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse
- Implement a logical design for a data warehouse
- Implement a physical design for a data warehouse
- Create columnstore indexes
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Describe the key features of SSIS
- Implement a data flow by using SSIS
- Implement control flow by using tasks and precedence constraints
- Create dynamic packages that include variables and parameters
- Debug SSIS packages
- Describe the considerations for implement an ETL solution
- Implement Data Quality Services
- Implement a Master Data Services model
- Describe how you can use custom components to extend SSIS
- Deploy SSIS projects
- Describe BI and common BI scenarios
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Some experience with database design
Control your learning experience with Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand!
Now you can build Microsoft technical expertise while balancing the demands of your schedule, with Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand).
This module describes data warehouse concepts and architecture consideration.
- Overview of Data Warehousing
- Considerations for a Data Warehouse Solution
This module describes the main hardware considerations for building a data warehouse.
- Considerations for data warehouse infrastructure
- Planning data warehouse hardware
This module describes how you go about designing and implementing a schema for a data warehouse.
- Data warehouse design overview
- Designing dimension tables
- Designing fact tables
- Physical Design for a Data Warehouse
This module introduces Columnstore Indexes.
- Introduction to Columnstore Indexes
- Creating Columnstore Indexes
- Working with Columnstore Indexes
This module describes Azure SQL Data Warehouses and how to implement them.
- Advantages of Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Implementing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Developing an Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Migrating to an Azure SQ Data Warehouse
- Copying data with the Azure data factory
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.