Master the latest digital marketing tools including Facebook, Google Ads and Google Analytics. Transform your digital marketing career in just 6 weeks.
It’s official! Digital advertising spend in Australia is now bigger than TV, print and radio combined, according to IAB Australia. Facebook and Google continue to dominate the landscape with the ACCC estimating that 71 cents of every dollar spent on digital advertising in Australia goes to Google or Facebook. A practical understanding of core digital marketing tools including Google and Facebook advertising has now become essential for anyone looking to promote a product or brand, or advance their marketing career.
Due to growing demand, we are proud to offer the ultimate course for those looking to become an expert in digital marketing. Designed to complement our popular Digital Marketing Strategy course, this course offers a deep dive into clever digital marketing tactics. We’ll have you up and running fast. In just 6 weeks, you’ll be using Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, email, and website optimisation.
Designed by RMIT Online in partnership with leading global digital marketing agency Isobar, the course includes up-to-the-minute thinking in digital marketing best practices and case studies.
What You'll Learn
By the end of course, you will have gained the practical digital marketing knowledge and skills to:
- Implement effective digital marketing campaigns that achieve business objectives
- Write effective campaign briefs and digital media plans
- Craft compelling digital creative that cuts through your audience and channels
- Buy digital media cost-effectively
- Create and run Google Ads and Facebook ads campaigns
- Connect with an audience through an effective social media approach
- Construct compelling email campaigns
- Make data-driven decisions based on insights from campaign performance
- Understand innovative digital marketing trends and industry news in Australia
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online.
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments and prescheduled webinars and 1:1 online sessions with mentors and industry experts.
There are no prerequisites, however we recommend you also complete our Digital Marketing Strategy course to become an expert in digital marketing strategy and tactics.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- Starting a digital marketing campaign
- Paid, owned, and earned channels
- Business and marketing challenges
Milestone: Write a campaign brief and digital media plan
- Design a digital hub
- Hub optimisation
- Web analytic fundamentals
- Data privacy and responsibilities
Milestone: Create a digital hub
- Defining and setting up campaigns
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Google Ads
Milestone: Create a Google Ads campaign
- Exploring social media channels
- Facebook Ads Manager
- LinkedIn advertising
Milestone: Determine which social channels to use
- Email marketing and retargeting
- Segmentation and automation
- Examine campaign ecosystems
Milestone: Create a campaign ecosystem
- Reporting and data
- Analysing data and optimisation
- Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO)
- Interpreting data
- Campaign recommendations
Milestone: Finalise your campaign
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.