Do you have clients asking you for nutritional support? Do you find it frustrating that an essential service like delivering meal plans is outside your scope of practice as a Personal Trainer? We’ve now got the solution that will help you deliver this service and earn additional income for your fitness business!
AFA has teamed up with the experts at LEAN Nutrition Tech to offer you a revolutionary nutrition platform created and managed by Australian dietitians. Health & Physical By LEAN, which is designed specifically for the Australian fitness industry, allows you as a Personal Trainer to deliver meal plans to your clients, completely within the scope of practice when other nutrition courses and software do not provide you with this ability or professional protection.
The Health & Physical By LEAN system generates meal plans appropriate for your diverse range of clients – and best of all, it’s facilitated by you and backed by accredited dietitians through a simple screening process on the platform.
In order to gain access to the Health & Physical By LEAN platform, you’ll first need to complete the LEAN Nutrition Tech & Coaching course
What You'll Learn
- Applied Nutrition & Evidence-Based Methods
- Client Screening
- Nutrition Coaching
- Generating appropriate meal plans
- Integrating the platform into your fitness business
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Upon enrolling onto this course, you’ll get access to 5 modules via our Online Learning Portal, where you’ll have access to interactive slideshows and presentations before completing quiz-based assessments at the end of each module
- The course duration is approximately 8 hours, but you’ll have up to 3 months to complete it. At the end of the course, you’ll need to take part in a live webinar, where you’ll complete scenarios using the Health & Physical By LEAN platform
Easily Manage Your Nutrition Business
- At the same time as providing your clients with access to these helpful nutritional resources, you will also be able to manage all of their information and data on the one platform. When you bring a new client on board, simply create a profile and put in all of their relevant health and fitness information to generate the meal plans most relevant to them
- Should you need to outsource any additional nutrition support beyond weight management, or if more specialised assistance is needed, you’ll have quick and easy access to refer your clients to live consultation with accredited Australian dietitians via video conferencing on the Health & Physical By LEAN platform
- Platform subscription options include 3 Months, 6 Months & 12 Months
What is LEAN Nutrition Tech & Coaching
- Over five short modules, this Professional Development course will equip you with advanced nutritional knowledge and the ability to apply these methods to a variety of clients through the use of the Health & Physical By LEAN platform
- You’ll also receive training on the use of the platform and how you’ll be able to use it in the workforce to screen clients and generate personalized meal plans
What is Health & Physical By LEAN
Developed by Australian dietitians, this platform manages the technicalities of meal planning using the latest scientific data & clinical evidence.
After submitting various client screening information, Health & Physical By LEAN will automatically generate the most relevant meal plans for your clients, providing them with:
- Automated Meal Plan Generator
- Multiple Nutrition Methods To Choose From
- Vegetarian, Vegan & Gluten-Free Options
- Biometric Recording
- Progress Monitoring & Notes
- Nutrition Information Sheets
- Video Instructions & Tips From Dietitians
- Weekly Shopping Lists, Including Australia Brands
- Recipes & Meal Preparation
- Access To Accredited Dietitians Via Video Conferencing
- You’ll get an overview of macronutrients and how they impact the body, as well as being able to understand BMI & body composition and the physiology of fat loss and muscle gain
- You’ll learn about the various nutrition methods and how they can be applied to a wide range of clients with varying needs
- You’ll learn how to coach people into making positive changes to their lives, with a focus on identifying the client’s stage of change, Motivational Interviewing and Goal Setting
- You’ll get a full understanding of your professional responsibilities and limitations in reference to the use of the LEAN platform, as well as a rundown of how to set up and use the resources
- You’ll be able to incorporate this platform into your business as a new source of revenue, as well understanding how it can improve your customer experience and loyalty
About Australian Fitness Academy
Australian Fitness Academy has been delivering fitness qualifications for over 25 years. Over this time we have discovered how students prefer to study and how to effectively integrate study into people’s lifestyles (through offering online and face-to-face courses), whilst not compromising on the standards of our courses. Our qualifications are nationally recognised, you can study from anywhere in Australia, and extensive student support services are in place to support you through your course and into a rewarding career in the fitness industry.
The Academy works with a large range of organisations to help people through their fitness studies from Employment Service Providers to Secondary Schools, Sporting Clubs and Fitness Centres. Over the years the Academy has built up a strong network of fitness industry relationships which help connect students to the industry through work placement and employment.
Australian Fitness Academy Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 21062)