Do you live and breathe the land? Are you passionate about working with and managing livestock? Do you dream of improving your pasture and making a farm more productive? Then this course is for you.
Designed to give you a comprehensive introduction to livestock management, this course will cover all aspects from animal biology and health, to nutrition and feed, to pasture management and how to improve your pastures. Upon completion, you will have a developed a sound understanding of what it takes to manage livestock in an agricultural enterprise or hobby farm.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Farm Manager
- Farm Hand
- Livestock Manager
- Agricultural Consultant
- Farm Supplies Manager
- Pasture Seed Company Officer
- Agricultural Researcher, Writer,
- Agriculture Teacher
- Produce or Land Agent
What You'll Learn
- Learn from our team of professional animal scientists and study animal systems and physiology, find out how to diagnose disease and how to determine if an animal has sustained an injury. This course was designed to give you an introduction to the basics of animal anatomy and physiology, from understanding the digestive, circulatory, nervous, reproductive and urinary systems, to learning about animal skeletons, muscles and their meat.
- This course introduces animal foods, food components, evaluating food and digestibility for animals, classifying foods and calculating rations. You will learn how to manage food and nutrition for pets, farm animals or wildlife in zoos. Gain a deeper understanding of food components and what makes up each food, and how to classify foods and the difference between each of the classifications
- This course is designed as an introduction to understanding pasture management, how to grow new pastures and how to improve existing. Every livestock farmer is first and foremost a pasture farmer. Farmers have been known to turn unprofitable farms into commercial successes by simply improving pasture. Whether dealing with small or large properties, pasture management is an important part of many types of farm enterprises. This course is designed to be useful to those already managing existing pastures and those who wish to establish successful new pastures
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 300 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- You must have an internet connection
- Many of our students are under the age over 18, however, we do need to speak with a parent or legal guardian
- If you identify as having a long term impairment, disability, or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete online study, speak to us about the services we can offer
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Each lesson concludes in an assignment which is submitted and marked by your tutor and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments and if necessary, extra reading
- Your assessments will usually include case studies, quizzes and written assessments
3 Key Modules, made up of 29 subjects
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.