The Managing Microsoft Teams course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Teams Admin role. Microsoft Teams admins configure, deploy, and manage Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in an enterprise environment.
This course covers six central elements – Microsoft Teams overview, implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, deploying and managing teams, managing collaboration and managing communication in Microsoft Teams.
Who's It For?
Students in this course are interested in Microsoft Teams or in passing the Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate certification exam.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Microsoft Teams and how the components work together
- Implement Governance, Security and Compliance for Microsoft Teams
- Prepare an organisation’s environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment
- Deploy and manage teams
- Understand ways of managing collaboration in Microsoft Teams
- Use techniques to manage and troubleshoot communication in Microsoft Teams
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
- A proficient understanding of basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices, including using PowerShell
In Microsoft Teams overview, you will get an overview of Microsoft Teams including Teams architecture and related Office 365 workloads. You will be provided an overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams and finally get an overview of how to manage Microsoft Teams.
- Overview of Microsoft Teams
- Overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams
- Overview of managing Microsoft Teams
In implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, you will plan and configure governance for Office 365 groups including expiration and naming policies. Then you will implement security by configuring conditional access, MFA or Threat Management for Microsoft Teams. Finally, you will implement compliance for Teams by using DLP policies, eDiscovery cases or supervision policies.
- Implement Governance and Lifecycle Management for Microsoft Teams
- Implementing Security for Microsoft Teams
- Implementing Compliance for Microsoft Teams
In preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, you plan an upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams by evaluating upgrade paths with coexistence and upgrade modes, manage meeting migrations and configuring coexistence and upgrade settings. Then you plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams, and finally you will deploy and manage Microsoft Teams endpoints.
- Upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Deploy and Manage Microsoft Teams endpoints
In deploying and managing teams, you will learn how to create and manage teams, manage membership and access for both, internal and external users.
- Create and manage teams
- Manage membership
- Manage access for external users
In managing collaboration in Microsoft Teams, you will manage chat and collaboration experiences such as team settings or private channel creation policies. Finally, you will manage settings for Teams apps such as app setup policies, Apps, bots & connectors in Microsoft Teams or publish a custom app in Microsoft Teams.
- Manage chat and collaboration experiences
- Manage settings for Teams apps
This course concludes with managing communication in Microsoft Teams. You will learn how to manage Live event and meetings experiences, manage phone numbers or Phone System for Microsoft Teams and finally how to troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues.
- Manage Live event and meetings experiences
- Manage phone numbers
- Manage Phone System for Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshot audio, video, and client issues
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.