This course helps you prepare for Microsoft’s Modern Desktop Administrator certification exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops.
In this course, students will learn how to plan and implement an operating system deployment strategy using modern deployment methods, as well as how to implement an update strategy. Students will be introduced to key components of modern management and co-management strategies.
This course also covers what it takes to incorporate Microsoft Intune into your organisation. Students will also learn about methods for deployment and management of apps and browser-based applications. Students will be introduced to the key concepts of security in modern management including authentication, identities, access, and compliance policies.
Students will be introduced to technologies such as Azure Active Directory, Azure Information Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection, as well as how to leverage them to protect devices and data.
Who's It For?
The Modern Desktop Administrator deploys, configures, secures, manages, and monitors devices and client applications in an enterprise environment. Responsibilities include managing identity, access, policies, updates, and apps. The MDA collaborates with the M365 Enterprise Administrator to design and implement a device strategy that meets the business needs of a modern organisation.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan, develop and implement an Operating System deployment, upgrade, and update strategy
- Understand the benefits and methods of co-management strategies
- Plan and implement device enrollment and configuration
- Manage and deploy applications and plan a mobile application management strategy
- Manage users and authentication using Azure AD and Active Directory DS
- Describe and implement methods used to protect devices and data
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 Days
The Modern Desktop Administrator must be familiar with M365 workloads and must have strong skills and experience in deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and non-Windows devices. The MDA role focuses on cloud services rather than on-premises management technologies. It is recommended students complete course MD-100T00 – Windows 10, prior to taking this course.
This module explains how to plan and implement a deployment strategy. Students will learn about the concepts of supporting the desktop through it’s entire lifecycle. This module also covers assessing an existing environment and the tools used to prepare a deployment strategy. Finally, students will be introduced to the tools and strategies used for desktop deployment.
- The Enterprise Desktop
- Assessing Deployment Readiness
- Deployment Tools & Strategies
This module covers the modern methods of Windows deployment used in common scenarios such as upgrading and migrating to Windows 10, as well as deploying new devices and refreshing existing devices. Students will also learn about alternate methods of OS deployment as well as considerations when choosing methods of deployment.
- Upgrading Devices to Windows 10
- Deploying New Devices and Refreshing
- Migrating Devices to Windows 10
- Alternate Deployment Methods
- Imaging Considerations
This module covers managing updates to Windows. This module introduces the servicing options for Windows 10. Students will learn the different methods for deploying updates and how to configure windows update policies. Finally, students will learn how to ensure and monitor update compliance using Windows Analytics.
- Updating Windows 10
- Windows Update for Business
- Introduction to Windows Analytics
In this module, students will examine the benefits and prerequisites for co-management and learn how to plan for it. This module will also cover Azure AD join and will be introduced to Microsoft Intune, as well as learn how to configure policies for enrolling devices. The module will conclude with an overview of device inventory in Intune and reporting using the Intune console, Power BI and Microsoft Graph.
- Device management options
- Microsoft Intune Overview
- Manage Intune device enrollment and inventory
- Managing devices with Intune
This module dives deeper into Intune device profiles including the types of device profiles and the difference between built-in and custom profiles. The student will learn about assigning profiles to Azure AD groups and monitoring devices and profiles in Intune. The module will conclude with an overview of using Windows Analytics for health and compliance reporting.
- Configuring device profiles
- Managing user profiles
- Monitoring devices
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.