Why study this course?
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) represents proven best practices and a body of knowledge drawn together from many years of real-life experiences. It provides a set of principles, governance themes and a transformational flow process that supports those who direct, manage, support and deliver programmes.
MSP offers organisations from all industry sectors a standard, consistent approach to programme management. It provides a framework for executives, senior management and those leading major programmes of work, to better direct the change process whilst ensuring that the focus is maintained upon business objectives and resulting benefits.
Through effective project prioritisation and integration, MSP encourages more efficient use of organisational resources in the various change initiatives. MSP provides for better identification and management of the business, programme and ultimately organisational change risk.
Timelines, budgets and quality standards are all managed and controlled more efficiently and effectively using the MSP framework. Roles and responsibilities are also clearly defined, thus eliminating duplication of effort across the organisation, whilst still ensuring that all stakeholders are fully engaged and understand what is to be expected of them in the programme.
Who's It For?
- New Programme Managers
- Project Managers who are moving into Programme Management
- Change Managers
- Programme and Project Sponsors
- Senior Managers and Executives
What You'll Learn
- How to recognise the key differences between a project and a programme
- How to appreciate the managing of organisational benefits via successful programme planning and control
- How to manage a strategic programme against defined and measurable outcomes
- Be introduced to the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Framework
- Understand how to use Programme Management for successful planning and delivery of such programmes
- Identify when using the Programme Management framework and approach
- Appreciate the strategic nature and context of change and what drives such change
- Recognise the Programme Management environment
- Work within the principles of Programme Management
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 3 days
This course has no prerequisites, however the following would be an advantage:
- Previous or current experience of working within project or programme environment
- Received some type of project and or programme management training and development
- Currently practising as a project or programme manager
- Currently in a senior enough position to influence or be responsible for business change through projects or programmes
From our state-of-the-art classrooms to telepresence to your offices, your instructor-led training caters to your needs.
30 years driving innovative, award-winning learning solutions.
More courses, more often
When you train with DDLS, you get more courses, more often, in more locations and from more vendors.
Quality instructors and content
Expert instructors with real-world experience and the latest vendor-approved in-depth course content.
Chosen and awarded by the world’s leading vendors as a preferred training partner.
Ahead of the technology curve
No matter your chosen technologies or platforms, we can help you stay one step ahead.
PeopleCert at DDLS
PeopleCert is one of the leading players in the global certification industry, partnering with multi-national organisations and government bodies for the development and management of globally recognised certification schemes. PeopleCert has delivered millions of exams in over 150 countries.
Project Management Institute (PMI)®
- Contact Hours: 21 hours
- Professional Development Units (PDUs): 21 PDUs
Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) points: 10 points
This course pricing includes a voucher for the Managing Successful Programmes Foundation exam, which is an online proctored exam through PeopleCert. Practice exam papers are provided in the course, and reviewed to assist in preparation.
The exam is:
- 60 minutes duration
- 75 multiple-choice questions, of which 70 count towards your marks; the other 5 are trial questions only and are not scored
- Pass mark is 35 out of 70 (i.e. 50%)
- Closed book
After passing the exam, each student’s certificate will be made available to them via PeopleCert.
It is highly recommended that you spend some time each evening of this course reviewing and consolidating what you’ve learned, to be well prepared for the exam.
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.