The world is increasingly being driven by data. The JCU Online MBA Global teaches you to effectively identify and apply data-driven insights and contextualise those insights with contemporary global thinking to find new ways to successfully address local and global challenges.
Rapid advances in technology are giving businesses a greater ability to measure and manage their actions and adapt to changing business environments. JCU Online’s MBA Global will build your data management and analytical skills. You’ll gain greater insights into the data to create more effective strategies and use refined leadership and management skills to implement these strategies faster and more effectively.
Being able to see the bigger picture, find a greater range of opportunities in the data and apply those insights to workable strategies gives you a genuine competitive advantage in a rapidly-evolving world.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Account Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Finance Manager
- General Manager
- Industry Specialist Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
What You'll Learn
Over the course of 12 subjects, you’ll gain the skills to make impactful, strategic decisions based on a more holistic view of global trends and data-informed insights.
Our subjects are designed to improve your knowledge across three key areas:
- Global Perspective & Strategies
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Organisational Leadership & Management
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 24 months part-time
- 12 subjects (One subject per each 7-week study period)
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree or postgraduate studies in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above
- Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy
- Learn to drive strategy with a global perspective
- Be able to make more effective, data-driven decisions
- Gain stronger business leadership skills
- Graduate with proof of capability
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor
Recognition of Prior Learning
- The duration of your Online MBA is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your Master’s degree. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options
Our MBA Global will improve your skills in the following areas:
- Global Perspective: Our 100% online MBA Global gives you a deep understanding of the principles driving global markets
- Data-Informed Strategies: This online MBA gives you the data analysis skills to identify opportunities in the data and develop new strategies
- Confident Leadership: Guidance from industry-experienced academics will help you develop the knowledge and skills to lead organisations in an uncertain world
- Provable Capabilities: JCU’s MBA online includes a unique, real-time case study and the opportunity to build a portfolio of business knowledge and competencies while you study
About James Cook University
Study when it suits you, receive personal academic support and make your CV shine with a qualification from an internationally recognised university.
With a reputation for excellence in teaching and research, we know the value of a world-class education: our students graduate to become leaders in their fields and their communities. What’s more, JCU has been awarded five stars for graduate job success for six years running by The Good Universities Guide.
Through our postgraduate courses, we aim to empower professionals to have a positive impact and make their lives matter. Enrol and gain the skills to build your brighter future, today.