Future IT leadership requires more than experience alone. It demands advanced strategic thinking and people management; mastery of global IT-industry economics; and deep self-awareness. We’ll help you achieve them all.
At the intersection of business leadership and technology, our Master of Business Administration (Information Technology) will prepare you for the challenges that IT leaders from all over the globe face, now and into the future.
Continue working while you complete the 100% online qualification. Open doors and apply now for a specialised MBA from a world-top-1% globally ranked university
What You'll Learn
Strengthen your marketability with our online MBA (Information Technology), emerging with the critical capabilities for today’s global IT marketplace. The online MBA (Information Technology) will equip you with:
- socially responsible and future-focused IT management, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills
- in-depth understanding of IT-industry economics and the field’s key challenges and solutions
- the capacity to set, adapt and achieve enterprise-wide objectives
- highly developed capabilities in collaboration and interpersonal communication
- high-level skills in innovation, business strategy, marketing, and systems thinking
- a thorough grasp of how to employ basic and applied research to support sustainable business growth and problem-solving.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
2 years part-time.
Collaborative learning is at the core of our online MBA (Information Technology). Activities and exercises will require you to problem-solve and draw on real-world examples. As such, relevant work experience is important for your success.
To be eligible, you need to meet one of the following requirements:
- A completed undergraduate bachelor degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- No degree, completed GMAT with a score of >500 and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- A complete University of Adelaide Graduate Certificate in Business Administration.
All students must meet English language requirements.
The University of Adelaide online MBA (Information Technology) is designed to give you maximum flexibility. Here’s how it works:
100% online: Enjoy the freedom to structure your own schedule and go at your own pace.
Focused learning: Acquire skills quicker by completing an entire subject in a focused 6-week teaching block. You have the flexibility to start when you’re ready and scale back if you need.
World-leading education: This degree is part of the University of Adelaide MBA suite, headed by our flagship Adelaide MBA—ranked number one in South Australia and number two nationwide.
Continuous support: One-on-one academic, personal and career support at your fingertips.
The types of challenges that business leaders face today need individuals, including ourselves, to change. Understanding yourself is therefore paramount.
In this subject, you will explore your leadership story, philosophy, and areas for improvement.
Using current development models, you will deepen your intellectual and emotional self-awareness. You will also learn how to adapt your leadership style, tools and behaviours to motivate your entire team.
The purpose of this course is to improve your financial literacy and your capacity to assess the financial performance of an organisation.
You will be introduced to the language and key concepts of accounting including:
- time value of money
- capital budgeting
- risk-return paradigm
- financing capital expenditure.
You will grow your foundational knowledge of balance sheets, cash flow reports and earnings statements.
Generating revenue, no matter the source or sector, requires marketing. This course offers an introduction to the purpose, nature and roles of the marketing discipline and how it applies to managers.
This course will equip you with the skills to:
- evaluate markets
- uncover consumer and buyer behaviour
- target specific opportunities
- keep adjacent functions customer orientated.
An entrepreneurial mindset is now essential for more than just those in the start-up sector. This course will enable you to cultivate and evaluate profitable opportunities, no matter the business setting and aim of this course is to empower you with the entrepreneurial attitude and skill set, to take advantage of them. You’ll gain:
- the ability to recognise opportunities
- fluid and adaptive decision-making skills
- the agility to experiment and problem solve
- the resilience to navigate ambiguity and uncertainty
- a strong bias to action.
Innovative enterprises outperform their non-innovative counterparts in terms of growth, financial performance, and employment. This course will equip managers with the know-how and tools to create, develop and manage breakthrough innovations. This course primarily explores the ways to turn ideas into successful outputs.
About The University of Adelaide
Consistently ranked in the top 1% worldwide by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. The University of Adelaide is a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities.
At the University of Adelaide, cutting-edge innovation takes place amidst a rich history of excellence spanning more than 140 years. Bright young minds learn alongside internationally recognised leaders in their fields. Global research impact is achieved hand-in-hand with outstanding graduate career outcomes.