Want to become a leader in business?
It’s your time. It’s about time you put yourself first.
It can be hard to take the first step towards achieving your goals and aspirations and making them a priority. But with SCU Online, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) is closer than you think and more achievable than ever before. We’ve removed traditional barriers to an MBA, closing the gap between you and your ambitions with flexible, accessible online learning, passionate academics and excellent student support.
With our online MBA program, you will learn in-depth knowledge to enhance your business management expertise in today’s competitive global market. Our graduates have expertise across the entire business landscape, making an impact in business management from day one.
Who's It For?
SCU current MBA students work across corporate, government and not-for-profit organisations in industries such as healthcare, education, financial services, industrial products and services, mining and more. Below is a snapshot of some of these roles and jobs.
- Cruise Ship Manager
- General Manager
- Group Operations Manager
- IT Application Manager
- Detective Senior Sergeant
- Senior Financial Accountant
- Head of Product Marketing
- Managing Director
What You'll Learn
- Diversify your skillset – Gain a cross-functional, versatile business skillset. Maximise the positive impacts you have within an organisation
- Develop a managerial perspective – Develop an ethical and sustainable managerial perspective, knowing what to look for, questions to ask, and how to manage successful cross-functional teams
- Learn to lead – Develop strategic leadership skills with exposure to leadership models, communication styles, and reflection-based course work
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years part-time
To gain entry into the Master of Business Administration, you need:
- A three-year bachelor degree from any Australian university, OR
- Professional experience regarded by SCU as equivalent to a degree, AND
- Students will need to be proficient in English
- Close the gap between you and your ambitions
- Gain a broad business skillset
- Leverage more career opportunities
- One of Australia’s most affordable MBA’s online
- Make an immediate impact in your work
- One-on-one student support
- Accelerated and designed for busy professionals
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
Our Master of Business Administration has 12 core units, two elective units and a compulsory, double-weighted Industry Research Project. You can study a general MBA, or specialise your degree by completing two electives in one of our specialisations.
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G