Accelerated and 100% online, the Master of Education (Leading Education) is for current and future school leaders who want to further develop their skills, drive improvement and create positive outcomes for their students, organisation and communities.
Excellent leadership skills are crucial for those wanting to drive improvement and increase the effectiveness of an organisation. In times of unprecedented change and a climate of increased public accountability in the education sector, this course will instil in you the confidence to strategically lead your people and organisation to enhance learning outcomes for students and increase engagement with your school community.
What You'll Learn
Through this advanced coursework, you will deepen your understanding of the latest research in educational leadership and critically reflect on your own leadership practice. You will be able to drive continuous improvement across pedagogical practices, assessment strategies, educational leadership, learning outcomes, community engagement and performance in your educational organisation.
- Research and practice: Understand, critique and apply the latest research and strategies in educational leadership to improve your practice and ensure positive outcomes for students and the organisation
- Global perspective: Develop a global perspective of education and its impact on curriculum, educational systems and leadership across Australia and in local contexts
- Lead students, staff and organisations: Become an advocate of education through effective leadership. Apply strategies across pedagogical practices, policies and organisational performance to instigate change that benefits students and your organisation
- Engage communities: Learn to lead in complex environments and develop strategies for the improvement of students, staff and the community
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 16 months to complete part-time
- 8 Units in total
Course admission requirements
- To gain entry into the Master of Education (Leading Education) you will have a Bachelor of Education or a Bachelor level degree in any other field plus a Graduate Diploma of Education or Master of Teaching. You will also be required to meet English Language Requirements (Band 4)
- Special entry may be considered for students with a Bachelor level degree in another area or a three-year trained teacher, both supported by extensive professional experience
Accelerated and 100% Online
- Delivered 100% online and with six study periods a year, you could complete the Master of Education in as little as 16 months while continuing to work full-time
- Designed to be intuitive and user-friendly, you’ll experience the same quality of education and learning outcomes, as well as the connection with your fellow students and academics, that you would if studying on-campus
- You will also receive dedicated one-on-one support from a Student Success Advisor who can assist with all non-academic questions and motivate you to reach your study goals
Grow Your Network
- ECU has a large professional teacher and education network, putting you in good company to connect, collaborate and network with experienced and passionate peers globally
Quality Learning Experience
- Your learning experience will be of the highest quality, as you’ll learn from experienced, passionate academics who are experts in their field. From our beginnings in 1902 as Claremont Teachers College, we have been at the forefront of teacher education for over 100 years
About Edith Cowan University Online
At ECU we are guided by our values of integrity, respect, rational inquiry and personal excellence. Our focus on teaching and research is inspired by engagement and partnerships with those in the many communities we were established to serve.
Fit postgraduate study around your life and graduate sooner with our flexible and accessible accelerated and online courses from ECU Online.
Find the right postgraduate course for your career development. We offer qualifications in Education, Counselling, Cyber Security and Human Resource Management, which will equip you with the skills, knowledge and credentials to advance in your career.