The online Master of Financial Technology at UNSW.
Finance Technology (FinTech) professionals are some of the most in-demand globally, and the skills shortage is particularly challenging in Australia. Employer demand for the right mix of technology and finance skills is growing faster than the Australian labour market can fill. In addition, 45% of leaders in FinTech companies think that attracting qualified or suitable talent is one of the top local challenges.¹
The online Master of Financial Technology is a program for ambitious working professionals who know the finance business well, can imagine the data and technology to innovate, evaluate, communicate and implement new ideas and are looking to seize opportunities in the growing FinTech industry. Designed and delivered by Australia’s top-ranked school of Banking and Finance, at UNSW Business School.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Financial Analyst
- Compliance Manager
- Data Analyst
- Stock Broker
- Blockchain Developer
- Innovation and Technology Manager
What You'll Learn
UNSW’s 100% online Master of Financial Technology will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the interdependency between Finance and Technology, and equip you with the applied technical skills to remain relevant and competitive in today’s dynamic and technology driven landscape.
The program will deliver technical financial technology skills across a range of courses to provide you with the confidence to lead and innovate teams, start-ups and businesses. Graduates will also gain an understanding of relevant financial technologies, frameworks and what it means to be an ethical professional in a disruptive and innovative industry, and establish a competitive career advantage within this lucrative and evolving industry.
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Technical Tools for FinTech
- Problem-solving Methods for FinTech*
- Data Management for FinTech*
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation*
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech and Financial Risk Management
- Managing a FinTech Startup^
- Applied FinTech Project^
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Big Data Management
- Foundations of Data Science
*Available elective courses will vary per program and study period. *Pre-requisite: Technical Tools for FinTech. ^Pre-requisite: Completion of 48 Units of Credit (UOC), which is the equivalent of 8 courses. Masters students must complete either Managing a FinTech Startup or Applied FinTech Project.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years
General admission requirements
To be eligible for the Master of Financial Technology you must have:
- A recognised bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) with WAM of 65 or above as determined by the UNSW Admissions entry calculator in any of the following areas: business, commerce, information systems & technology management, information technology, computer engineering and software engineering
Entry via nested qualification
- Generally, if you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology with a WAM of 65 or above, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma and/or Masters by coursework degree
All 12 core courses (from List A) or, any 11 core courses (from List A), plus 1 available elective course (from List B) or, any 10 courses (from List A), plus 2 available elective courses (from List B).
About University of New South Wales (Online)
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.