Deliver projects on time, on budget and within scope
Set yourself apart from your peers with a project management masters degree that demonstrates your depth of understanding, critical and analytical skills, and serious commitment to your profession. Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), through Southern Cross University’s Master of Project Management online course, you’ll learn core competencies associated with risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration, and systems analysis, all adaptable to your chosen industry. More than anything, our Master’s degree is about giving you options. You can study broadly, focus your degree towards one or more areas of specialisation, or tailor your study to an emerging field
Who's It For?
Qualified project managers are in high demand, both here in Australia and around the world. When you graduate, you will have an in-depth understanding of project management methodologies, be able to meet project goals and make complex strategic decisions. Our students work in a variety of project management roles across all industries. Below is a snapshot of some of these project management jobs.
- Project Manager
- Workspace Services Engineer
- Construction Administrator
- General Business Manager
- Logistics Manager
- IT Project Management Manager
- Agile IT Project Manager
- Managing Director
- IoT Technology Project Manager
What You'll Learn
- Fully understand the project lifecycle – From project selection to project completion, make the right decisions so that projects can be delivered within scope
- Lead and manage projects with confidence – Establish a sound understanding of the leadership techniques necessary to successfully lead a project through to completion
- Tailor your PM qualification to your passion – SCU’s Online MPM gives you the unique opportunity to tailor your degree to areas that you are interested in
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 2 years part-time
To qualify for entry into the Master of Project Management, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of two years’ work experience in a professional environment; or
- Have over five years’ work experience/professional standing that is regarded by the Academic Board as equivalent to an undergraduate degree
- Be proficient in English
- Achievable and accessible PM qualification
- Broaden your career opportunities in PM
- Lead projects with confidence
- Course is endorsed by AIPM, aligned with PMBOK
- Receive dedicated support every step of the way
- Accelerated, online course designed for busy professionals
- Affordable fees, FEE-HELP available
Recognition of Prior Learning
- We may recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you’re eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree
Students of Southern Cross University’s online Master of Project Management will study seven core units, a compulsory double-weighted Industry Research project and choose three elective units.
About Southern Cross University Online
SCU Online offers postgraduate online courses at the Masters, Diploma and Certificate levels.
When you study an online postgraduate course with Southern Cross University, you can select from some of the most popular study areas in Australia, including education, engineering and law.
You’ll enjoy 100% online learning, delivered by academics experienced in digital education.
Unlike other online university courses, you’ll collaborate with teaching staff and peers in an online study environment custom-built for this kind of learning. That might include virtual lectures and tutorials (either live or recorded), online consultations with lecturers, online quizzes and cooperating with fellow students on projects from the comfort of your own home or study space.
CRICOS Provider: 01241G