Become a Certified Medical Receptionist in just ten weeks and Learn how Medicare works!
Developed by health experts, this online course will teach you to use Microsoft Office to schedule appointments, keep records and manage the day-to-day running of a medical practice. You’ll also become familiar with medical terminology and abbreviations. No experience necessary.
What You'll Learn
- An overview of what Medicare is and how to use it
- Learn the benefit entitlements and rebates available to patients registered with Medicare
- Gain an understanding of Medicare cards and insurance available
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Approximately 100 hours
- Access to this course for up to 6 months
- Become a certified medical receptionist and gain a qualification to add to your CV
- Work with an experienced tutor and other students to successfully complete your course
- Gain a practical understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Learn medical terminology and abbreviations
- Includes a free bonus module on how to use Medtech and a 352 Medtech training guide
- Medtech provides software solutions for the healthcare environment enabling health professionals to efficiently manage their patients
Natalia McFlinnMedical Reception Certificate
Who's it for?
- Anyone seeking a position as a receptionist in a medical facility
- Medical receptionists who want to become certified
- Anyone who wants to explore a career in nursing, medical records or medical transcription
About The Career Academy
The Career Academy is a leading Australian training provider of industry accredited online courses. Their education driven team are committed to providing exceptional online courses and personal tutor support. The Career Academy offers a range of specialist courses to improve job performance, and their focus is on mentoring, inspiring and supporting people through training so their career or business can reap the rewards. The Career Academy’s course delivery is flexible, so their students can study with minimal disruption to their daily life. They offer flexible payment plans so anyone wanting to learn has the opportunity no matter their circumstances. Many of their tutors are qualified Chartered Accountants and hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.