- Skills First funding available
Are you looking to expand your knowledge and expertise in mental health co-existing needs? The Hammond Institute is excited to offer the Mental Health Co-existing Needs Skill Set, designed to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge to support individuals with complex needs.
This skill set covers a wide range of topics, including understanding co-existing mental health and drug and alcohol issues, identifying the impact of co-existing needs on individuals, and developing effective strategies for supporting and managing these needs.
Our comprehensive and practical training will equip you with the skills to make a real difference in the lives of those with complex needs. Register now and take the first step towards becoming a specialist in mental health co-existing needs.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your professional development and make a positive impact on the lives of those in need. Enroll now and join us in creating a better future for all!
Who's It For?
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as suitable for individuals who:
- Hold a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher in alcohol and other drugs, mental health or related field
- Have skills equivalent to the qualification requirement validated through a recognition of prior learning process
- Have substantial industry experience, on the job training and development along with supervisor assessment of capacity
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Mental Health Support Worker
- Personal Care Assistant
- Community Access Worker
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 10 weeks
Delivery methods: The range of delivery methods may include, but not limited to the following:
- Lectures / Instructions
- Demonstrations and modelling
- Practice opportunities
- Brainstorming activities
- Group discussions
- Guided facilitation of individual or group learning activities, group work or project-based case studies
- The delivery structure is comprised of classroom training sessions, structured learning such as training support, learning activities, self-paced (to allow the learners to absorb and reflect on their learning), workshops and work placement
- The unit of competency will be delivered and assessed as a stand-alone unit
- Virtual classroom (Microsoft Teams)
- Dandenong (Level 1, 243 Lonsdale Str., Dandenong 3175 VIC)
- Werribee (Suite 20, 2-14 Station Pl., Werribee 3030 VIC)
Notes: Additional locations may be allocated to meet a group of learner cohort’s needs and based on demand (if practicable for the RTO)
Students must satisfy the following age, English, and Academic requirements:
- Age: must be 17 years or over
- Undertake Pre-Training Review
- Undertake LLN and digital numeracy assessment: Learning, reading, writing, oral communication (ACSF Level 2+) and numeracy (ACSF Level 2) is desirable to participate in the course
- Moderate level of digital literacy and has access to a computer with internet access
- Every case will be reviewed separately in order to determine the student’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the course
- Students have to do 160 hours of work placement for the “CHCMHS010 Implement recovery oriented approaches to complexity” unit
Assessment method may include:
- Knowledge Questions
- Written Assignment & Case studies
- Projects / Research Reviews
- These units provide credit towards a range of qualifications in the CHC Community Services Training Package, including the CHC53315 Diploma of Mental Health
About Hammond Institute
Hammond Institute is a Registered Training Organisation which has been delivering quality training since 2001. Hammond Institute works with the community, industry and employers to develop and deliver innovative training that equips people for jobs.
Hammond Institute Pty Ltd is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO NO: 90720)