This course provides foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing and specifically Microsoft cloud services. You will be introduced to Microsoft Azure, and you will examine the differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365. You will then perform an in-depth review of Microsoft 365, including a comparison of Microsoft on-premises services versus Microsoft 365 cloud services, a review of enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365, and an analysis of how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
Who's It For?
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models
Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services vs. Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services provide collaboration
- Understand identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity
- Understand cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune
- Understand data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 1 day of virtual instructor-led training, 9 am-4 pm (approx. course duration)
Virtual Instructor-led training
This course will be delivered virtually, with a live instructor taking you step by step through course material along with other students in a virtual environment using industry-leading video conferencing facilities.
Note: Students will need to have access to a webcam and headset with a microphone and audio capability.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
- General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
- Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
- Cloud Computing Overview
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Migration to cloud services
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services vs. Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Enterprise Mobility in Microsoft 365
- Collaboration in Microsoft 365
- Organization security overview
- Identity basics
- Devices and data protection
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.