This course is a combination of four courses to help you prepare for Microsoft’s Security Administrator certification exam MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration.
In this course, you will learn how to secure user access to your organization’s resources and how to manage external access to your Microsoft 365 system.
You will also learn about threat protection technologies that help protect your Microsoft 365 environment. Specifically, you will learn about threat vectors and Microsoft’s security solutions for them. The goal is to help you configure your Microsoft 365 deployment to achieve your desired security posture.
Additionally, this course discusses information rights-managed content, message encryption, as well as labels, policies and rules that support data loss prevention and information protection. It also explains the deployment of Microsoft Cloud App Security.
You will learn about archiving and retention in Microsoft 365 as well as data governance and how to conduct content searches and investigations. The course also helps your organization prepare for Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who's It For?
This course is for the Microsoft 365 security administrator role. This role collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, business stakeholders and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
This role proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. Responsibilities include responding to threats, implementing, managing and monitoring security and compliance solutions for the Microsoft 365 environment. They respond to incidents, investigations and enforcement of data governance.
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator is familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and has strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management and data governance. This role focuses on the Microsoft 365 environment and includes hybrid environments.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Administer user and group security in Microsoft 365
- Manage passwords in Microsoft 365
- Describe Azure Identity Protection features
- Plan and implement Azure AD Connect
- Manage synchronized identities
- Plan implement federated identities
- Describe and use conditional access
- Describe cyber-attack threat vectors
- Describe security solutions for Microsoft 365
- Use Microsoft Secure Score to evaluate your security posture
- Use the Security Dashboard in the Microsoft Security & Compliance center
- Configure various advanced threat protection services for Microsoft 365
- Configure Advanced Threat Analytics
- And more!
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 4 days
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic conceptual understanding of Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Windows 10 devices
- Experience with Office 365
- Basic understanding of authorization and authentication
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Working knowledge of managing mobile devices
Module 1: User and Group Security
Module 2: Identity Synchronization
Module 3: Federated Identities
Module 4: Access Management
Module 1: Security in Microsoft 365
Module 2: Advanced Threat Protection
Module 3: Threat Intelligence
Module 4: Mobility
Module 1: Information Protection
Module 2: Data Loss Prevention
Module 3: Cloud Application Security
Module 1: Archiving and Retention
Module 2: Data Governance in Microsoft 365
Module 3: Managing Search and Investigations
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.