This four-day course teaches IT Professionals how to manage their Azure subscriptions, secure identities, administer the infrastructure, configure virtual networking, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement storage solutions, create and scale virtual machines, implement web apps and containers, back up and share data, and monitor your solution.
Who's It For?
This course is for Azure Administrators. The Azure Administrator implements, manages, and monitors identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment. The Azure Administrator will provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources as appropriate.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Know how to use basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files, and storage security
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines
- Use the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, Resource Manager, and Resource Manager Templates
- Use connectivity features including VNet Peering, VNet-to-VNet connections, Site-to-Site Connections, and ExpressRoute
- Know how to monitor Azure infrastructure
- Know how to secure identities including Multi-Factor Authentication, Azure AD Identity Protection, and Self-Service Password Reset
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 4 days
- Understanding of on-premises virtualisation technologies, including: VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations
In this module, you will learn how to secure identities with Azure Active Directory, and implement users and groups.
- Azure Active Directory
- Users and Groups
In this module, you will learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts, implementing Azure policies, and using Role-Based Access Control.
- Subscriptions and Accounts
- Azure Policy
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
In this module, you will learn about the tools an Azure Administrator uses to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and Resource Manager Templates. This module includes:
- Azure Resource Manager
- Azure Portal and Cloud Shell
- Azure PowerShell and CLI
- ARM Templates
In this module, you will learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks and subnetting, IP addressing, network security groups, Azure Firewall, and Azure DNS
- Virtual Networks
- IP Addressing
- Network Security Groups
- Azure Firewall
- Azure DNS
In this module, you will learn about intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering, Virtual Network Gateways, and Site-to-Site Connections.
- VNet Peering
- VPN Gateway Connections
- ExpressRoute and Virtual WAN
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.