This two-day course will provide foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Azure services; security, privacy, compliance, and trust; and Azure pricing and support.
This course provides an Azure pass and time for students to participate in hands-on labs
Who's It For?
The audience for this course is just beginning to learn about cloud computing and how Microsoft Azure provides that service. The course is suitable for technical and non-technical audiences, who are involved with the cloud and need an overview of Azure products and services. Because of the hands-on component, this course is more appropriate for technical students who need to create services in the Azure portal, and may go on to role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define cloud computing and its key advantages
- Explain public, private, and hybrid cloud models
- Identify core Azure architectural components, such as regions, geographies, and resource groups
- Identify usage cases for Azure core services and products, such as virtual machines and storage
- Describe virtual network security connectivity options such as Network Security Groups
- Describe Azure identity authentication and authorization options
- Describe privacy, compliance, and data protection standards
- Use an Azure subscription
- Plan and manage costs
- Explain Azure service lifecycles
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 2 days of virtual instructor-led training, 9 am-4 pm (approx. course duration)
Virtual Instructor-led training
This course will be delivered virtually, with a live instructor taking you step by step through course material along with other students in a virtual environment using industry-leading video conferencing facilities.
Note: Students will need to have access to a webcam and headset with a microphone and audio capability.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however students with some IT knowledge or experience will find the concepts easier to understand.
In this module, you will learn about cloud services, the types of cloud models, and the types of cloud services.
- Why Cloud Services
- Types of Cloud models
- Types of Cloud services
In this module, you learn about Azure core cloud architectural components, Azure services and products, Azure solutions, and Azure management tools.
- Core Azure Architectural components
- Core Azure Services and Products
- Azure Solutions
- Azure management tools
In this module, you learn about Azure security, identity, governance, monitoring, reporting, and standards.
- Secure network connectivity
- Core Azure identity services
- Security tools and features
- Azure governance methodologies
- Monitoring and reporting
- Privacy, compliance, and data protection standards
In this module, you will learn about Azure subscriptions, planning and managing costs, support options, SLAs, and service lifecycles.
- Azure subscriptions
- Planning and managing costs
- Azure support options
- Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Service lifecycle in Azure
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.