Do you have a passion for nutrition and want to learn how to improve your health? Does the science behind health and nutrition excite you? Do you want to help others plan their diet and food plans? Then this course is for you.
This foundation course aims to deliver a sound introduction into nutrition and food, coupled with the additional complementary basic skills and knowledge of starting a small business. Scientifically based, this practical course will teach you various methods to improve and optimise your own health and support others to do the same. From gaining a better understanding of energy, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, you will learn about nutritional needs and recommended intakes, to ncreate carefully considered meal plans and diets.
Who's It For?
- This course is a beginner level course and will lay a sound foundation of knowledge and skills in health and nutrition
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Fitness professionals
- Health professionals
- Chef or Cook
- Health industry
- Nutrition industry
What You'll Learn
- This module is designed as an introduction to human health and nutrition. You will learn about energy, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, and about nutritional needs and recommended intakes. From exploring the digestive system,b to nutrient disorders, this module aims to provide the basics into health and nutrition
- Throughout this module, you will discover how to improve own health or to support others by optimising nutrition. You will explore how cooking techniques and food processing can impact the nutrients of your food. Learn about energy, protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, and how you can apply this knowledge in a practical way to design healthy meal plans and a balanced diet
- This module is designed to give you an introduction into starting your own small business. Learn how to identify risks so you can avoid problems before they overtake you and recognise your assets and liabilities and utilise your resources to best effect. From planning your new business and developing a 12-month business plan, to budgeting, exploring sales methods and improving profitability, you will learn the fundamentals required to build a small business
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 300 hours
- 100% Online
- Study at your own pace
- There are no prerequisites to complete this course. However, you must be able to read, analyse and comprehend, printed information in English, and to write statements and solve problems to complete the course. You must also have reliable access to a computer and a reliable internet connection and have basic computer skills
- If you identify as having a long-term impairment, disability or medical condition that may impact on your ability to complete your online study, please speak to us
- Please note, you must be 18 years of age and an Australian citizen or resident to enrol in a course with us
- Our courses and content are up to date and relevant in today’s market
- We have high-quality student support with experienced and qualified tutors to help you every step of the way
- Our courses are delivered 100% online and you can study at your own pace
- We have a market-leading student learning and communication platform
- Our courses are flexible, you will have long term access to the course content
- Our courses are affordable, we offer interest-free payment options for all students
- 12-month of access to course content
- We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive
- Upon completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion, a Statement of Attainment for each module completed and an Academic Transcript
- Assessments are a critical step in the learning process. They help ensure you stay on track and meet the learning objectives of each lesson before moving onto the next. They also help your tutor identify where any further support may be
required, so that you get the most out of your course
- You will learn via various methods; a combination of reading, interacting with tutors, undertaking research and watching videos. Each lesson will conclude with an assignment that is marked by your assigned tutor and returned to you with feedback, and if necessary, some recommended additional reading. Assessments may come in the form of – case studies, quizzes and written assessments
Study with the help of our Tutors and the Student Support team to achieve an industry-focussed certificate.
- Enrol with us today to begin your future-focused learning journey
- After enrolment, we’ll give you a 5-day satisfaction guarantee to ensure the course is right for you
3 Key Modules, made up of 29 subjects each
Careerhouse offers online, industry-relevant courses. We’re not like other education providers. We aim to offer a holistic, practical, and hands-on approach, to help set you up for success in the real world.
Whether you’re looking to upskill, transition to a new industry, start your own business or take your hobby to the next level, we’ll help take you there.
We partner with industry experts and industry-leading education partners, who are renowned in their chosen fields, to deliver courses that are relevant, practical and interactive.
Our mission is to make sure that you are equipped with the necessary skills to take the next step in your life with confidence.