The perfect kick-start to your management career, this online short course will ensure a smooth transition from teammate to highly capable and successful team leader. Examining ways to build credibility and trust, you’ll discover how to provide direction, motivate your team and monitor performance effectively with clear objectives in mind. You’ll also gain an understanding of the skills you need to respond to changing circumstances and overcome common challenges.
Who's It For?
- This course is a great starting point if you,'re a first-time manager, or you,'d like to increase your potential for a promotion into a leadership role
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of this course you will be better equipped to:
- Identify the strengths of your character and develop your effectiveness in communicating with others
- Understand how to build credibility and trust while cultivating positive workplace relationships
- Provide direction and motivate teams to achieve operational goals
- Monitor performance and respond to changing circumstances
- Identify and overcome common challenges faced by new supervisors
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
6 Months Continuous Access.
- Up to 6 months continuous access to myAIM
- Downloadable course notes
- Downloadable tools and resources
Please note that the AIM online Short Courses are non-accredited and there is no assessment.
About Australian Institute of Management
The Australian Institute of Management (AIM) empowers individuals and organisations to adapt and thrive in the face of relentless change.
Since 1941, AIM has supported Australia’s workforce through the provision of innovative and industry-focused education solutions. Our portfolio of short courses, qualifications, and higher education is constantly evolving to ensure we are best positioned to support our customers.
Commitment and dedication to the advancement of Australia’s workforce is at the core of AIM and defines our organisational values.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (ABN 40 009 668 553); RTO code 0049 (AIMET); Ground floor, 7 Macquarie Place, Sydney NSW 2000. AIMET is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071, and an approved FEE-HELP provider.