- This fee-for-service program is not eligible for government funding.
The global health industry is gigantic. More and more people are seeking help to find more balance in their lives and guidance to greater wellbeing. This provides abundant opportunities for developing a successful business that changes people’s lives.
This course provides a strong grounding in human nutrition and the basic skills needed to advise or counsel people in this area. It is ideal for those who want to enter into a career as a Nutritional Counsellor.
Once you complete the course you will be qualified to work as a Nutritional Counsellor/advisor, set up your own Nutritional consultancy service or work for a health-related business. You can work as a Health Coach in gyms, spas, wellness centres, pharmacies and so on.
You can also be your own boss and start a nutritional counselling business where you will offer consulting to clients and make your passion your career. It will work well as a complimentary service for alternative therapists, massage therapists, beauty therapists, fitness trainers and natural therapists. Upon completion, you will be able to practice as a fully insured Nutritional Counsellor/Advisor.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Nutritional counsellor
- Dietary Consultant (Nutritional Counselling)
Depending on the modules you select, you can also work in the fields of:
- Life Coaching
- Weight loss Consultant
- Complementary therapies
- Fitness Coaching
- Sports Nutrition
- Children’s Nutrition
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 600 hours of self-paced study
- Approximately 55-60 assignments and 2 exams to complete the course successfully
- You can opt-out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation
- The course is Approved and Recognised by the International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT) and the Australian Committee for Natural Therapies (ACONT).
The difference between a good course and a bad course lies in the way you are assessed. Our assessments are designed is such a way that the student feels confident to move forward in the course as they complete each assessment. The feedback from the tutor not only reaffirms the student’s learning process but also gives an opportunity to the student to interact with the tutor regularly.
Students are never penalised when their assignment work needs to be improved, rather they are given constructive feedback and requested to resubmit the section where they need improvement. Students do their assignment work at their own pace within the course duration and are not restricted by any deadlines which is the beauty of self-paced learning. The assessments will make the certificate achieved more credible and valuable to the student.
This course has approximately 55-60 assignments and 2 exams to complete the course successfully. You can opt-out of the exam and receive a Certificate of Participation.
This course is made up of 6 modules: 3 core modules and 3 electives of your choice.
About Health Academy Australia
Health Academy is an award-winning organisation which offers health courses all online with fantastic tutor support and services so that people who are working full time, stay at home mums and those living in remote and regional areas can study and up-skill themselves. Established in 2008 the organisation has seen 1000s of students graduate from their courses with qualifications which make them workplace ready. Health Academy Australia is listed in the top 3 of the 50 Health care training providers in Australia consecutively for the years 2015,2016,2017 and 2018. The courses are industry recognised with many having pathways into university qualifications. We pride ourselves on the high level of student care we provide.