This course targets the needs of information technology (IT) professionals who take part in administering, configuring, troubleshooting, and operating Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies.
This course focuses on skills required to administer and troubleshoot Office 365 tenant and key services of Office 365, such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business. It also covers security and compliance features of Office 365.
Who's It For?
This course is intended for IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn about administration and troubleshooting techniques in Office 365. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields: ideally in the areas of system administration, network administration, and messaging.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 services
- Administer Office 365 by using the graphical environment and Windows PowerShell
- Administer and troubleshoot directory synchronization and directory objects
- Administer and troubleshoot Exchange Online
- Administer and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams
- Administer and troubleshoot SharePoint Online
- Plan and deploy Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
- Administer and troubleshoot compliance and security in Office 365
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 3 days
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or newer
- A minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS)
- A minimum of one year experience working with name resolution, including DNS
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows Powershell
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer, Microsoft Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business 2015 Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 or newer is beneficial but not required
This module describes the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service. It also identifies licensing options, describes the process of Office 365 tenant configuration, and lists appropriate Office 365 client options.
- Overview of Office 365 services
- Office 365 licensing overview
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Office 365 clients
This module describes how to manage Office 365 by using the administrative portals and Windows PowerShell. It also explains how to manage administrative access and troubleshoot administration in Office 365.
- Managing Office 365 with the administrative portals
- Managing Office 365 with Windows PowerShell
- Managing administrative access in Office 365
- Troubleshooting administration in Office 365
This module describes directory synchronization and federation. The module explains how to manage Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect) and user and group objects in Office 365. Additionally, it describes how to troubleshoot objects and directory synchronization in Office 365.
- Overview of directory synchronization and federation overview
- Azure AD Connect management
- Managing users and groups objects in Office 365
- Troubleshooting objects and directory synchronization in Office 365
This module describes the subscription options and roles in Exchange Online. It explains how to administer Exchange Online recipients and client access policies in Exchange Online and how to troubleshoot Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online management overview
- Administering Exchange Online recipients
- Administering client access policies in Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
This module describes Skype for Business Online and Teams. It explains how to administer, manage, and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Teams.
- Skype for Business Online and Teams overview
- Administering and managing Skype for Business Online and Teams
- Troubleshooting Skype for Business Online and Teams
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.