This course targets the needs of IT professionals who take part in evaluating, planning, deploying, and operating Microsoft Office 365 services, including its identities, dependencies, requirements, and supporting technologies.
The course focuses on skills required to set up an Office 365 tenant, including federation with existing user identities, and skills required to sustain an Office 365 tenant and its users.
Who's It For?
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, configuring, and managing an Office 365 environment.
Students who attend this course are expected to have a fairly broad understanding of several on-premises technologies such as Domain Name System (DNS) and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). In addition, they should have a general understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Lync Server or Skype for Business Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan an Office 365 deployment, configure the Office 365 tenant and plan a pilot deployment
- Manage Office 365 users, groups, and licenses, and configure delegated administration
- Plan and configure client connectivity to Office 365
- Plan and configure directory synchronization between Microsoft Azure AD and on-premises AD DS
- Plan and implement the Office 365 ProPlus deployment
- Plan and manage Microsoft Exchange Online recipients and permissions
- Plan and configure Exchange Online services
- Plan and configure Microsoft Teams
- Plan and configure Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Plan and configure an Office 365 collaboration solutions
- Plan and configure the integration between Office 365 and Microsoft Azure Information Protection
- Monitor and review Office 365 services, and troubleshoot Office 365 issues
- Plan and implement identity federation between on-premises AD DS and Azure AD
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 5 days
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later
- A minimum of one year of experience working with AD DS
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync Server 2013 or Skype for Business Server 2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later is beneficial, but not required
This module reviews the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service, and describes the process of provisioning an Office 365 tenant. This module also identifies the challenges in deploying Office 365 and the benefits of the Microsoft FastTrack for Office 365 approach, as compared to the traditional plan, prepare, and migrate deployment process.
- Overview of Office 365
- Provisioning an Office 365 tenant
- Planning a pilot deployment
This module explains how to manage users, groups, and licenses, and configure administrative access by using the Office 365 console and the Windows PowerShell command-line interface. This module also explains how to manage user passwords and configure multi-factor authentication.
- Managing user accounts and licenses
- Managing passwords and authentication
- Managing security groups in Office 365
- Managing Office 365 users and groups with Windows PowerShell
- Configuring administrative access
This module covers the different types of client software that you can use to connect to Office 365. It also explains the infrastructure requirements that the clients need to connect to Office 365, in addition to how to configure different types of Office 365 clients.
- Planning for Office 365 clients
- Planning connectivity for Office 365 clients
- Configuring connectivity for Office 365 clients
This module explains how to plan, prepare, and implement directory synchronization as a methodology for user and group management in an Office 365 deployment. It explains how to prepare an on-premises environment, and install and configure directory synchronization. It also explains how to manage Office 365 identities after you enable directory synchronization.
- Planning and preparing for directory synchronization
- Implementing directory synchronization by using Azure AD Connect
- Managing Office 365 identities with directory synchronization
This module explains how to plan for a client deployment and ensure that users receive the tools that they need to interact with Office 365 effectively. It also explains the planning process, how to make Office 365 ProPlus directly available to end-users, and how to deploy it as a managed package. Finally, it describes how to set up Office telemetry so that administrators can track how users are interacting with Microsoft Office.
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Planning and managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Planning and managing centralized deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Office Telemetry and reporting
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.