Study this skill set course for FREE! *
If you are a small business owner, or want to become a small business owner, or even if you’d like to become job ready to work in an administrative position in a small business, then this skill set is perfect for you!
Not only that, but the Operating a Small Business Skill Set is 100% free for everyone in WA!
*Discount available in Perth, Western Australia only through Jobs and Skills WA government subsidy.
What You'll Learn
You will gain the skills and knowledge to be job ready in the small business industry. This training includes how to design and produce business documents and publications, how to design and develop digital text-based documents, how to develop and create spreadsheets through the use of cloud-based and non-cloud based applications, how to identify financial requirements of a business, including cash flow projections, profit targets and financial support strategies. You will also be taught how to understand and implement Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, policies and procedures, and how to create and build a social media presence.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 12 weeks
You will learn through our online blended delivery method. This means that you can study your theory components in the comfort of your own home, and if you need to complete any practical assessments, you can attend our virtual classroom sessions via. Zoom. We also allow study days for you to come into our campus and use our facilities to further your education and achieve your maximum potential.
These Job Ready Skill Sets are 100% free for the following eligible students*;
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Secondary school-aged persons who are not enrolled at school
- Persons receiving the JobSeeker or JobKeeper payment
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Cardissued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
Persons and dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
You will receive dedicated trainer team support throughout your studies, with access to our student forums.
Assessments are by way of written assignments and have a practical component. To complete this skill set course, you will be required to complete a range of practical activities (simulation exercises) online.
TrainSmart Australia will give you advance notice so you can make necessary arrangements to ensure you are able to participate in these practical activities.
About TrainSmart Australia
For more than ten years, TrainSmart Australia has helped thousands of people from all different backgrounds to achieve their career goals. We pride ourselves on our stellar reputation and commitment to helping our students get their foot in the door of their chosen industry. Whether you want to upskill to make yourself more employable in your field, or you’re looking to change careers altogether, TrainSmart Australia offers a wide range of courses that are sure to suit your needs.
All our courses are approved and accredited by both the government and relevant industry bodies, which means you’ll be ready to hit the ground running.
SMR Learning Services Pty Ltd t/a TrainSmart Australia & New Horizons Learning Centre (Perth) which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 51771)