Are you passionate about health and nutrition? Maybe you have thought about turning that passion into a career?
This course provides you with the core knowledge and understanding to make an immediate impact in the nutrition industry. Unlike a dietitian degree which requires four years of study this certificate gives you a fast tracked entry into a career in this field while you can take some time to establish if further study in this area is an option for you.
This course will build your foundation knowledge into nutrition, health, wellbeing and the key concepts that you require to branch out into more specialised areas such sports nutrition, children’s nutrition, specialised weight loss and much more! The certificate also has a wide range of electives that allows you to study the specific areas of nutrition that you would like to specialise in.
This course is going to be perfect for anyone looking for employment in this field, looking to start their own consulting/coaching business or even someone who considers themselves a bit of a ‘health enthusiast’.
+ Includes Bonus Modules on Instagram and Facebook Marketing including a phone appointment with one of our qualified accountants to assist in setting up your business for those wanting to start their own business.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Food and Nutrition Sales
- Nutrition Coach
- Nutrition Coaching Business
- Food Preparation and Catering
- Food Technologist
- Health and Diet Advisor
- Health Promotion
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support)
- Average Course Completion Time 15 – 20 weeks
100% self-paced online learning
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this comprehensive pathway to nutrition certificate is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the skills required to open up opportunities in the industry or wanting to improve their knowledge to live a healthier life.
With so many different avenues to choose from, we have the ideal starting point to building the fundamental skills to start your journey in Nutrition.
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading.
- Introduction to Nutrition
- The Digestive System
- Absorption & Enzymes
- Energy Value and Foods
- Carbohydrates and Fats
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Nutrient Disorders
- Cooking and Its Effect on Nutrition
- Food Processing and Its Effect on Nutrition
- Recommended Daily Intake of Nutrients
- Planning A Balanced Diet
- Assessing Nutritional Status & Needs
- Timing of Meals & Needs
- Nutrition III
- Children’s Nutrition
- Sports Nutrition
- Nutrition for weight loss
- Food Coaching
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs.