With an increasingly competitive, and globalised business market, and the start-up economy booming, differentiating your product in a crowded marketplace has never been more important.
Use innovative design thinking, prototyping and other management strategies to put the focus on your customers’ needs. Throughout this course, you’ll work on creative and impactful customer-centred design to deliver best-fit products and strategies that you can apply back in your workplace.
What You'll Learn
Tap into the power of human-centred design, and gain the skills to deliver best-fit products that your customers will love. Learn about product development using the latest design thinking, prototyping and management strategies.
You’ll learn to:
- Analyse the key layers and performance of products
- Critically analyse and evaluate existing product portfolios against current and future customer needs
- Identify opportunities for new and existing products through customer-centred design
- Design and develop MVPs for products with varying requirements
- Design and execute customer feedback loops to achieve best-fit products
- Analyse portfolio performance against current and future business requirements to inform investment and divestment
- Effectively lead diverse teams and stakeholder groups
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 8 weeks
No entry requirements.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- Key layers of performance
- Kotler’s ‘Three Levels of Product’ model
- Ten principles of building great products
- Evaluating products
- The BCG growth-share matrix
- Growing beyond the core business
- Opportunities through CX design
- Design thinking process
- Business model innovation
- Innovation processes
- Design for people not awards
- Designing MVPs
- Build Measure Learn
- The lean approach
- Performance against current and future business requirements
- ‘Three Horizons of Growth’
- Strategic portfolio management
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.