Get the mindset, the confidence and the skills that make UX designers so valuable. Build your UX career with a globally recognised, industry-approved qualification.
In this course, you’ll learn the full UX design process.
Why become a UX designer?
- Be in demand: UX is a high-growth sector. The demand for UX designers far outstrips the supply of qualified professionals
- Get well paid: UX designers are highly paid. The average salary for entry-level UX Designer in Australia is AU$58,900
- Love your job: UX designers make an impact. They solve real-world problems using an exciting mix of research, design, technology and psychology
Our alumni work with the world’s leading companies like Google, Amazon, Airbnb, Uber, Accenture, Deloitte
Potential career outcomes could include:
- UX Designer
What You'll Learn
The Professional Diploma in UX Design will give you a thorough understanding of the concepts and techniques today’s employers are looking for
- Advance your career with job-ready skills
- Adopt the mindset that sets UX designers apart
- Speak with the confidence that comes from a true, deep understanding of UX
- Learn the tools that UX designers use every day
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- Duration: 6 months, self-paced following a flexible, structured learning path.
- Commitment: 5 hours per week
The course is delivered entirely online, including on-demand video, mentoring, and support.
There are two learning paths available to you:
1. Structured path
- The most popular option is to follow the six-month structure. Each month you are given a deadline with a number of video lessons to complete. A monthly mentor-hosted webinar allows you to discuss coursework to date, ask questions and get feedback on your assignment.
2. Self-directed path
- Alternatively, according to your personal time constraints, you can complete the course entirely at your own pace. As the course is delivered entirely online, it means that you’re free to complete it whenever you are free. You’ll still be able to take part in any of the webinars – either live or catching up through recordings. Once enrolled, you’ll have access to all of the course materials for twelve months.
Students are admitted on a case-by-case basis after a consultation with one of our Education Advisors. Key factors we’ll discuss with you include:
- You don’t need experience in design or technology to enrol in our courses, although having one or both is a definite bonus. Our students come from a diverse mix of backgrounds, including project management, development, graphic design, product management, business analysis and so on.
- You do need to be motivated and committed. We set a high bar. Studying for one of our professional qualifications requires a certain amount of time, energy and focus. Our team will be there to support you along every step of the way but success will come as a result of your own diligence.
3. English language
- You need to be comfortable learning in English. All video lessons, course materials, webinars, correspondence and the final exam are delivered in English.
We’ve worked hard to design the best possible online learning experience for you. As well as an unrivalled syllabus, our approach includes:
- Projects for your portfolio: Learn-by-doing with a series of real-world projects ideal for your UX portfolio
- Expert mentors: Be guided by expert design mentors during monthly group sessions
- Structure and flexibility: Stay motivated with a structured programme that fits into your schedule
- Support: Our friendly Student Success team will help you stay on track and keep you accountable
- Student community: Connect with our global student community to brainstorm, share knowledge and get ideas
- Career coaching: Benefit from expert advice to help you master the UX job search and build your network
- Exam and projects
- Before getting certified, you will be assessed on your project work and your exam score
About UX Design Institute
UX Design Insitute’s mission is to offer world-class education to the next generation of UX professionals and leaders. UX design plays a vital role in harnessing and shaping the power of ever-evolving technology. Our courses will shape the great designers of the future to better serve individuals, businesses and society.
Setting the standard
We want to set the standard in UX education globally. We aim to provide professionals and employers with a tangible, straightforward and objective measure by which to assess and prove UX skills and knowledge. Our courses are overseen by an Industry Advisory Council to ensure relevance. And we’ve partnered with Glasgow Caledonian University to make sure they meet the highest educational standards.
UX is for everyone
The future deserves world-class UX design and you deserve a world-class career. We want to make quality UX design education accessible and affordable to everyone. We want to bridge the global skills gap in UX design, and to provide a career pathway for UX designers.
Achieving your goals
UX designers are in great demand. Our education and certification programmes are designed to launch your career as a top-class UX designer. We’ll equip you with the essential skills you need to learn, grow and succeed.