Planning, monitoring and control are critical aspects of project management.
Implemented effectively, project success rates can increase dramatically. Implemented poorly, project scope, schedule and costs can quickly overrun. Until now, there has been very little guidance for practising and aspiring planning and control professionals to gain an understanding of best practices and how to apply them.
Our Project Planning & Control certification scheme has been developed in partnership with the Association for Project Management (APM) and is based on their guide Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control – The Practical Project Management of Time, Cost and Risk.
The guide is APM’s first comprehensive set of guidelines and best practices for project planning and control and is applicable across all industries and sectors. It is an output of their Planning, Monitoring & Control Specific Interest Group (SIG) and is based on practitioner experience from both customer and supplier perspectives.
The intention of the guidance is to help raise understanding so that standards can be set by organisations against a common text to ensure that they can assure a set standard and aim for best practice as well as get value for money from their projects.
Who's It For?
Project Planning & Control guidance, training and certification is aimed at a variety of key project management roles including:
- planning managers and engineers
- project control managers and engineers
It will also benefit other roles including:
- cost engineers
- project managers
- project support team members
What You'll Learn
- Give a step by step controls guide from project initiation to execution
- Provide a holistic overview of the interdependencies between planning and control functions
- Be a practical and scalable companion to any project control professional
- Enable effective capability growth for delivery organisations
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 3 days
From our state-of-the-art classrooms to telepresence to your offices, your instructor-led training caters to your needs.
30 years driving innovative, award-winning learning solutions.
More courses, more often
When you train with DDLS, you get more courses, more often, in more locations and from more vendors.
Quality instructors and content
Expert instructors with real-world experience and the latest vendor-approved in-depth course content.
Chosen and awarded by the world’s leading vendors as a preferred training partner.
Ahead of the technology curve
No matter your chosen technologies or platforms, we can help you stay one step ahead.
APMG International at DDLS
APMG International is an award-winning Examination Institute. APMG accredits professional training and consulting organisations and manages certification schemes for knowledge-based workers. APMG has a global reach, with regional offices located around the world.
This course pricing includes a voucher for the Project Planning & Control Foundation Exam which can be taken via remote proctor. A practice exam paper is provided in the course and reviewed to assist in preparation. The exam is:
- 40 minutes
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- Closed book – no other materials are allowed
- Requires 50% (25 marks) pass to attain certification
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.