Turn your passion for wildlife into a successful career.
This course is designed to give you an introduction to reptile and amphibian biology, behaviour and classification. You will also gain a greater understanding of relevant conservation issues affecting these fascinating creatures.
Wild animal species are under threat everywhere, from oceans to deserts, and rainforests to grasslands. Animals are essential to our ecology in ways that don’t always seem obvious; and the importance of conserving wildlife, cannot be overstated.
This course is tutored by experts actively working in the field and will work with you to build your expertise in topics such as herpetology, reptile biology, amphibian biology, ecology, conservation issues and much more.
This course will be the perfect pathway to stand out against your competition and break into this competitive industry.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Zoo Assistant
- Veterinary Services
- Wildlife Reserve Ranger
- Wildlife Officer
- Aquarium Assistant
What You'll Learn
In this course, you will develop an ability to understand the biological and ecological characteristics of reptiles and amphibians as well as relevant conservation issues and how to effectively provide value in this field.
Herpetology examines the biology and ecology of these animals and their importance on a global scale. With a generation of wildlife professionals retiring, and a number of worldly trends now impacting our wildlife more than ever, now is the time to study to become a wildlife professional.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 200 hours
- 100% self-paced online learning
- Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle
- Lifetime access to all course material
- 24/7 Access
- Lifetime access to all training material
- Self-paced online learning with tutor support via phone or email
- Learn at your pace – the average time to complete is 20 weeks
- Enrol anytime
- Developed and delivered by experts in their field
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment that is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading. Types of assessment include:
- Case studies
- Written assessments
About Careers Collectiv
Careers Collectiv is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs