Master Salesforce development using Apex programming and Visualforce in our unique demo environment. Set yourself up for success in a booming industry and ace the Salesforce Developer 1 Certification.
As the #1 global CRM platform, demand for Salesforce developers is growing exponentially, with Indeed citing a 129% percentage growth in job postings between 2015-2018.
This course will equip you with technical skills in Apex and Visualforce coding, providing an opportunity to leverage previous programming experience and customise existing and new applications in Salesforce to drive business value.
By practically applying your skills in a Salesforce demo environment, you’ll walk away with two projects that will demonstrate your capability as the next Salesforce developer.
What You'll Learn
- Identify the value and critical success factors of Salesforce in various organisations
- Synthesise elements of successful project management and articulate a brief for Salesforce use cases that will deliver business value
- Apply Salesforce platform knowledge, skills, and techniques to a Salesforce environment
- Articulate effective Salesforce developer outcomes to a broad range of business stakeholders and contexts
- Critically examine the components of successful platform development in alignment with sustainable business objectives
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks (8-10 hours per week) 100% online.
Online learning, including interactive videos, assignments and prescheduled webinars and 1:1 online sessions with mentors and industry experts.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
- Explain the total value potential of the wider Salesforce ecosystem
- Articulate and prepare for the critical success factors of developer projects
- Identify and articulate critical project scoping information to establish the fundamentals of success
Milestone: Prepare a project scope.
- Uncover, articulate and explain customer requirements
- Prepare user journeys for project scoping
- Effectively scope project and communicate briefs including critical success factors, key risks and ways of working
Milestone: Prepare a project brief.
- Prepare an appropriate data management plan for project requirements
- Manage data effectively for project requirement
- Model data effectively for project requirements
Milestone: Create a data model.
- Articulate the critical roles of the various programming languages within the Salesforce ecosystem
- Articulate the function and use cases of the Lightning Platform
- Plan and utilise logic and process automation approaches to achieve project goals and business objectives
Milestone: Prepare your logic and process automation.
- Articulate the function and key use cases of Apex.
- Plan for and utilise Apex classes to suit project and business objectives.
- Plan and utilise Apex triggers to achieve project outcomes.
Milestone: Develop Apex triggers.
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.