- You must be 18 years or older to take this course. Individuals who are younger than 18 are not eligible to undertake this course
- You must be either an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible to undertake this course
We are increasingly moving to a service and experience economy. Never has it been more important for businesses to work within unified, efficient systems to deliver a seamless consumer experience.
According to a recent McKinsey report, organisations who interweave design and data capabilities to solve business problems see up to a 30% increase in performance.
This explains Service Design’s growing importance across industries. It helps build brand differentiation, loyalty and long-term business value.
Who's It For?
If you’re keen to study flexibly online and develop a Service Design skillset at your own pace, then this is the course for you. Our Service Design Elevate Self-Paced course is ideal for professionals including but not limited to:
- Anyone working in a service-oriented role like customer service, financial services, public service, etc. who wants to make better use of their organisation’s resources and improve service delivery
- Professionals working in adjacent disciplines like UX, CX or Business Design and looking to expand their skill set and boost career prospects
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners who want to set their business apart by offering exceptional service delivery
- Anyone who wants to learn practical Service Design skills that they can apply right away
What You'll Learn
This course will empower you to learn and practice end-to-end Service Design skills: performing research and drawing insights, ideating, prototyping, testing and building service blueprints. Learning in this course covers 10 modules, comprising:
- In-house video content
- Multiple choice quizzes
- Service Design case study
- Service Design toolkit
Your learning will be supported by activities throughout the course. Throughout the course, you’ll work on a practical project based on a real-world service scenario, and build a current and future-state service blueprint.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- 6-month access,
- Approximately 60-80 hours
- Industry-aligned content
- Learn by doing
- Project-based learning
- Service design toolkit
- Flexible and self-paced
- Custom learning platform
- Online but never alone
- Superior support
- Learn from the experts
- Industry-recognised certificate
- Alumni benefits
- Exclusive masterclass program
About Academy Xi
Our mission is to transform the world through education by empowering a community of changemakers with the skills to create waves of change and build a future-ready career or business.
To answer the insatiable demand for design and technology capabilities across all industries, we run practical, industry-relevant courses, in Human-Centred Design (UX, UI, Graphic Design and Service Design), Business and Marketing (Agile, Digital Growth Marketing, Product Management and Data Analytics), and New and Emerging Tech (Mixed Reality Design).
Designed and taught by passionate industry experts, our courses empower people and teams with the skills and confidence to stay ahead of the industry curve, build a future-ready career and transform their lives.