This course will introduce the audience to SharePoint Online Administration in Office 365 and explain and demonstrate the configuration options for SharePoint Online.
The course is appropriate for existing SharePoint on-premises administrators and new administrators to Office 365 who need to understand how to correctly set up SharePoint Online for their company. The course will also help SharePoint on-premise administrators understand the differences between SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint Online.
What You'll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the architecture of SharePoint Online
- Have knowledge of all the components in SharePoint Online
- Have on hands-on experience configuring the components of SharePoint Online
- Have hands-on experience configuring the options
- Work with Site Collections and storage options
- Manage user profiles and social profiling
- Understand and configure data connectivity in SharePoint Online
- Build a taxonomy structure
- Understand and configure Search in SharePoint Online
- Configure and deploy apps
- Understand and define Enterprise content management and data loss prevention.
- Configure additional options and features in SharePoint Online such as Information Rights Management
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 3 days
No previous knowledge is required to attend this course.
This module will help you to understand the topology of site collections and how to create and manage them. You will learn how to define delegated control and administration plus configure storage options and quotas for different site collections. You will learn how to configure external access to your content and sharing with external identities and finally how to delete and recover site collections including PowerShell management.
- Understand the topology of site collections
- Creating Site Collections
- Defining ownership and security for site collections
- Configuring Storage
- Configure External Access to site collections
- Recovering site collections
- Configure external sharing
- Managing site collections with PowerShell
User Profiles are a key part of any social and collaboration platform and in this module you will learn how to manage the user profile options in SharePoint Online including the building of custom profile properties. You will also learn how to create and configure audiences for targeted content and then use the audiences for personal site redirection.
- Overview of the profile service
- Defining profile properties
- Map profile properties to a term store
- Creating custom profile properties
- Managing audiences
- Creating audiences
- Managing user profile policies
- Configure trusted my site host locations
- Configure preferred search centre locations
- Defining read access permission levels
- Configuring newsfeed options
- Setup email notifications
- Configure my site cleanup
This module will focus on the configuration and deployment of the application management service in SharePoint Online. Apps are a great way to add features and functionality to SharePoint and Apps can be deployed in several ways into SharePoint Online including via the store and via the Application catalogue. You will learn how to configure apps from both environments as well as deploying a full commercial app from a 3rd party.
- An Introduction to Apps
- Understanding the App Catalog
- Building the App catalogue
- Adding Apps to the catalogue
- Add Apps to your SharePoint sites
- Adding Apps via the marketplace store
- Manage App licensing
- Configure store access settings
- Monitoring app usage
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) deals with the control and management of data as it is created and stored in SharePoint Online. In this module you will learn about lifecycle management, document management and data loss prevention capabilities in SharePoint Online.
- An Introduction to ECM in SharePoint Online
- Components of ECM
- Understanding In-Place records management
- Configure In-Place records management
- Understanding the records centre
- Build and configure a records centre
- Understanding the compliancy policy centre
- Build a compliancy policy centre and configure policies
- Discover the security and compliancy centre
- Configure an eDiscovery centre
- Build an eDiscovery case
- Understand data loss prevention
- Build a data loss prevention policy and query
There are several additional options available for SharePoint Online that are not configured in a specific category. This module will cover the configuration and options available in SharePoint and Office 365 for these components. Specific components can include options like classic look libraries and site classification options through to the enabling and configuration of Information Rights Management that allows additional security options on items in SharePoint.
- Configure OneDrive features
- Understand list and library experience
- Configure classic versus new experience
- Configure use of Yammer or Newsfeeds
- Understand Information Rights Management
- Configure Information Rights Management
- Define site classification options
- Understand early release options for Office 365
- Configure Early release options for your Office 365 tenant
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.