The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation℠ course introduces a range of practices for improving service reliability through a mixture of automation, working methods and organisational re-alignment. Tailored for those focused on large-scale service availability, this course is an introduction to the principles and practices that enable an organisation to reliably and economically scale critical services. Introducing a site-reliability dimension requires organisational re-alignment, a new focus on engineering and automation, and the adoption of a range of new working paradigms.
This course highlights the evolution of SRE and its future direction and equips participants with the practices, methods, and tools to engage people across the organisation involved in reliability and stability evidenced through the use of real-life scenarios and case stories. Upon completion of the course, participants will have tangible takeaways to leverage when back in the office such as understanding, setting and tracking Service Level Objectives (SLOs).
This course was developed by leveraging key SRE sources, engaging with thought leaders in the SRE space, and working with organisations embracing SRE to extract real-life best practices, and has been designed to teach the key principles and practices necessary for starting SRE adoption.
Who's It For?
- Anyone starting or leading a move towards increased reliability
- Anyone interested in modern IT leadership and organisational change approaches
- Business Managers
- Business Stakeholders
- Change Agents
- DevOps Practitioners
- IT Directors
- IT Managers
- IT Team Leaders
- Product Owners
- Scrum Masters
- Software Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- System Integrators
- Tool Providers
What You'll Learn
- The history of SRE and its emergence at Google
- The inter-relationship of SRE with DevOps and other popular frameworks
- The underlying principles behind SRE
- Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and their user focus
- Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and the modern monitoring landscape
- Error budgets and the associated error budget policies
- Toil and its effect on an organisation’s productivity
- Some practical steps that can help to eliminate toil
- Observability is something to indicate the health of a service
- SRE tools, automation techniques and the importance of security
- Anti-fragility, our approach to failure and failure testing
- The organisational impact that introducing SRE brings
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
Duration and Study Load
- 2 days
- An understanding and knowledge of common DevOps terminology and concepts
- Related work experience
From our state-of-the-art classrooms to telepresence to your offices, your instructor-led training caters to your needs.
30 years driving innovative, award-winning learning solutions.
More courses, more often
When you train with DDLS, you get more courses, more often, in more locations and from more vendors.
Quality instructors and content
Expert instructors with real-world experience and the latest vendor-approved in-depth course content.
Chosen and awarded by the world’s leading vendors as a preferred training partner.
Ahead of the technology curve
No matter your chosen technologies or platforms, we can help you stay one step ahead.
DevOps Institue at DDLS
DevOps is the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. DevOps certifications are offered by the DevOps Institute (DOI), which brings enterprise-level DevOps training and certification to the IT market.
This course pricing includes an exam voucher to sit an online proctored exam through the DevOps Institute. The voucher is valid for 90 days. A sample exam paper will be discussed during class to assist with preparation.
- Open book
- 60 minutes
- 40 multiple-choice questions
- Answer 26 questions correctly (65%) to pass and be designated as SRE Foundation certified
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference) including a glossary
- Participation in exercises and discussions designed to apply concepts
- Case stories
- Exam voucher
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
DDLS is Australia’s largest provider of corporate IT and process training, with the largest portfolio of strategic partners and courses in Australia. We partner with world-class companies to help organisations and individuals in the IT industry remain up-to-date with new processes, technology and platforms to reduce risk and enable efficient business practices. We have convenient locations in almost every capital in Australia as well as the Philippines, flexible delivery modalities, industry-accredited trainers, and state-of-the-art course material and labs to produce the highest quality learning outcomes for our clients.
DDLS promotes a balanced approach to training with a focus on the key areas of Technology, Process and People. We provide extensive training options tailored to your organisation’s needs – from vendor-certified courses to customised training, including bespoke in-house developed courses.