Transition your career into the world of software-defined networking (SDN) and learn how to deploy cutting edge solutions with network functions virtualisation (NFV). Learn this highly in-demand skillset and be ready for the future, today.
SDN is an approach to network management that enables fast, programmatically efficient networks beyond conventional firmware or hardware. For communication service providers (CSPs) such as Telstra, the need to transform their network infrastructure has seen a rise in SDN technology and the deployment of network functions in a digital network functions virtualisation (NFV) form.
As the benefits of SDN NFV are being realised globally, there is a huge demand and skill shortage for SDN NFV engineers in the Australian market. SDN NFV will also enable emerging technologies such as 5G, meaning that now is the perfect time to upskill and thrive in this booming market.
What You'll Learn
- Explain networking fundamentals and make informed routing and switching protocol decisions, including IP networking protocols
- Employ foundational knowledge of SDN and apply this to a business use case
- Comprehend organisational benefits of SDN NFV technology, how they interact, and apply this to a business use case
- Apply cloud infrastructure to orchestrate workflows and understand the usage of OpenStack
- Explore various service models and cloud service providers to determine best-fit cloud architecture and design web applications
- Understand common networking languages and define service modelling for various networks
- Evaluate applications for containerisation, CI/CD, and continuous optimisation for programmable networks
- Communicate ideas to drive effective outcomes for diverse business environments and stakeholders
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
6 weeks, 8-10 hours per week 100% online.
100% online – The freedom of online learning means you can study around your work and life commitments. It’s the same qualification but built around your schedule.
Real-world skills – Our courses and degrees are all about practical learning. Get job-ready skills you can actually apply or build a portfolio to show future employers.
Industry connected – We work closely with leading industry partners to make sure our courses are relevant for the future of work.
Network – Studying online doesn’t mean you are studying alone. You’ll join a powerful global network of peers, academics and industry experts.
Supported community – Take advantage of the team of RMIT Online staff who are there to help you along your journey.
RMIT credential – Your skills will be rigorously assessed and recognised by one of Australia’s most innovative and respected technology institutions, not to mention employers in the field.
About RMIT Online
Our online short-courses have been designed by industry experts. We have partnered with leading employers from key businesses such as Tigerspike, jtribe, Bilue, Stone & Chalk, Accenture, Paper Giant and REA Group. It’s a chance to learn from the best in the business. Half the battle is who you know, and we know a lot of people.