Turn your dream for a career in horticulture and farming into a reality.
Consider yourself an outdoor person that wouldn’t be caught in an office job or at an office desk? Get ready to reap the rewards of what mother nature and her land can bring you! This course has everything you need to be astute in the field of horticulture, allowing you to run your own business, work in management or advance your knowledge to upskill yourself into further areas. The course is structured in a way that will build your foundation knowledge in horticulture before drilling into specific areas of crop production and maintenance, the advantage being you can tailor your learning specifically to your area(s) of interest.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Grounds maintenance worker
- Grounds manager
- Gardening business owner
- Landscaping gardener
- Nursery work
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
Flexible duration (Ongoing Access to Training and Support).
Average Course Completion Time 35 – 40 weeks.
100% self-paced online learning
Delivered online to suit your schedule and lifestyle, this Specialised Horticulture Certificate is perfect for anyone wanting to learn the skills required to open up opportunities in the industry whether in being self-employed or in senior management.
With so many different avenues to choose from, we have the ideal starting point to building the fundamental skills to start your journey in Horticulture.
- 24/7 course access to study at a time that is convenient for you
- Full tutor support service
- Certificate upon completion
- Learning material, downloadable PDF’s
- A complimentary phone consult and ongoing support with one of our qualified accountants
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted and marked by the school’s tutors before it is returned to you with any comments, feedback and if necessary, extra reading.
- Crop Production Systems
- Organic Crop Production
- Soils and Nutrition
- Nursery Stock Production
- Tree Fruit Production
- Soft Fruits Production
- Vegetable Production
- Cut Flower Production
- Herbs, Nuts and Miscellaneous Crops
- Crop Production Risk Assessment
- Structures for Protected Cropping
- Environmental Control
- Cladding Materials and Their Properties
- Nursery Nutrition
- Relationship Between Production Techniques and Horticultural Practices
- Horticultural Management In A Greenhouse: Pests And Diseases
- Harvest & Post Harvest Technology
- Greenhouse Plants
- Risk Assessment
- Permaculture principles
- Zone & sector planning
- Permaculture techniques
- Animals in Permaculture
- Plants in Permaculture
- Appropriate Technologies
- Preparing a Plan
- Fruit & Veg
- Nuts & Berries
About Simply Learning Online
Simply Learning Online is the #1 online training academy offering practical education with a focus on courses relevant to real life.
We help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to try a new career path, add to your professional development, start a new hobby or business and explore a passion to deepen your knowledge in a special interest. Learn from experts in their field who guide you to see, do, think and experience your course whenever it best suits your time and schedule.
Our courses consist of interactive video tutorials, course relevant industry kits and text-based learning – study from anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning programs.