Always dreamed of knowing how to get the best results from your training sessions or working in the Health and Fitness industry? This course is perfect if you are wanting to gain the skills and knowledge to apply dietary interventions to help you or your clients achieve maximum performance. Sportspeople have special dietary needs to help them fulfil their athletic potential.
This course starts by laying the foundations of how we absorb food, an overview of the different components of food and the basics of nutrient disorders. The second module will help you understand sports nutrition, nutrition for fitness, sports supplements, and the relationships between performance, health, and food.
What You'll Learn
In this course, you will:
- Develop your understanding of the way nutrition relates to sporting performance
- Improve your own performance in sport and fitness
- Help sportsmen and athletes manage their diet
- Expand your career options to work in the fitness, health, or sports industries
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration and Study Load
- The amount of study time required to complete this course is approximately 200 hours of study
- Online 24/7 access to your course allowing you to study when it suits your schedule
- Access to a variety of learning formats including ebooks, self-assessment tests and assignments
- A certificate of attainment upon completion
- Tutor support service available to you by phone and email 6 days a week
This course comprises of 2 subjects and is made up 18 core units of study:
About Learning Online
Learning Online is a new-age education provider with the mission of delivering practical skills to Australians so that you can get the most out of life.
We specialise in short courses that have been carefully crafted to deliver you the skills you’ll need to succeed.
By partnering with industry experts our courses are highly relevant to what’s occurring in industry right now, which means that when you graduate from a Learning Online course, you’ll be able to start applying those skills and create an impact in your role from day one.
With a combination of interactive video tutorials, custom designed industry-based kits and text-based learning, your online studies are going to be something you look forward to each day.