Whether you want to launch a new career, upskill in your current role, or simply learn more about what it means to be human – counselling is an invaluable skill for anyone and everyone.
- Explore real-world counselling techniques and approaches from Australia’s leading counsellors, psychologists and health coaches.
- Learn the art of empathetic communication: a game-changing skill that can transfer into both meaningful work and everyday life.
- Discover the complex inner workings of the human mind and body, plus, the important psychological concepts that explain our behaviour.
- Master the art of self-care and preventative mental health with skills and strategies backed by the latest research.
Through inspiring stories, engaging Ulleo Live! sessions, and dedicated mentor support, Ulleo empowers you to take charge of the experience, set the pace, and learn your own way.
Love what you learn with Ulleo.
Who's It For?
- You are looking to start your career in counselling or the field of health and wellbeing more generally.
- You are looking to upskill in your current role by learning how to support and empower others with specific counselling techniques.
- You are passionate about health and wellbeing and want to know how you can support yourself and others to achieve positive mental health.
- You want to learn the foundations of psychology and how the concepts can apply to everyday life.
- You want to learn specific strategies for stress management, self-care and building healthy relationships.
Potential career outcomes could include:
- Mental health counselling
- Relationship counselling
- School counselling
- Youth work
- Social work
What You'll Learn
- Explore the fascinating psychological concepts that explain our brains, bodies and behaviours.
- Understand the myths around mental health and ways to better define the concept.
- Discover the importance of emotional awareness, regulation and expression in everyday life.
- Master the art of building healthy relationships, including the ever-evolving relationship with yourself.
- Get to know the role of self-care, stress management and mindfulness as preventative mental health.
- Learn about the variety of different therapies out there and exciting new areas of research.
- Develop the key attributes to drive your career in counselling: empathy, resilience and open-mindedness.
- Learn the essential counselling communication skills and strategies for empowering clients.
- Uncover the challenges and opportunities of working in mental health and how to excel in the industry.
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
Duration and Study Load
- Roughly 80 hours of learning
- Delivered fully online at your own pace
- 10 jam-packed lessons with activities
- Over 40 engaging videos and podcasts
- Delivered fully online at your own pace, be empowered to learn anytime, anywhere.
- Love what you learn with over 30 engaging and inspiring videos, activities, quizzes and resources.
- Connect, collaborate and build knowledge through fortnightly Ulleo Live! workshops and Q&As.
- Get dedicated learning support from Course Mentors and Ulleo’s friendly Community Services team.
Ulleo is partnered with Credly to deliver you a Digital Badge upon completing the course.
Digital badges are a fantastic, verified way to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to your network and potential employers. Badges can be shared on social channels such as LinkedIn or on your personal website, blog or resume as a way to stand out from the crowd.
Psychology & Mental Health Essentials Badge
This badge is awarded to learners who complete the six essential lessons in Ulleo’s Psychology & Mental Health Essentials course.
The Counsellor’s Toolkit
This badge is awarded to learners who complete the additional four lessons in Ulleo’s The Counselling Toolkit course. This badge demonstrates your development of real-world skills and strategies in counselling from industry leaders.
With industry leaders at the helm, Ulleo’s short courses are built with collaboration, community, and creativity in mind.
Whether you are seeking your next career move or a passion project, our unique learning experience will provide knowledge and skills for now and into the future.
As a learner of Ulleo, you will access tailored support from industry mentors, along with a community of other learners to connect with. Delivered online, our courses empower learners with industry-led insights, interactive methods of learning, and tangible pathways to accredited study.
As a profit with purpose enterprise, sustainability is at the heart of what we do. Our partnership with Carbon Neutral and tree-planting initiative allows us to become part of the solution for the planet and future generations.
Love what you learn with Ulleo.