The Undergraduate Certificate in Building Health Through Nutrition allows students to obtain a comprehensive understanding of human nutrition and introduces students to food-based science, including food spoilage, food additives, and natural toxins.
The certificate helps students understand how food components interact with the body’s biochemistry to how this applies in managing immunity or maintaining a healthy weight throughout one’s lifespan. Entry into this certificate assumes prior knowledge of human biology and biochemistry.
Who's It For?
- Ideal for those working in allied health or related fields who already possess a working foundational knowledge of biology, pathology, and communication who are looking to add nutritional medicine knowledge and skills to use in their own professional practice
What You'll Learn
- Develop a deep understanding of nutritional needs across the human lifespan
Skills you’ll develop:
- Critical thinking
- Digital literacy
- OnlineOnline delivery - online course content with the exception of assessments and work placement
- BlendedBlended delivery - both online course content and partial face to face requirements
- In-classIn class delivery - predominately face to face course content conducted at a specific location
- VirtualVirtual Delivery - Live and interactive classroom-style learning conducted completely online
Duration Study Load
- 6 months full-time
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to study some of your subjects online. With the support of an online tutor and a robust Learning Management System that can be accessed at any time of the day, you can fit study around your work and personal commitments.
Online study offers:
- Flexibility of study in both time and location
- All course material is available online
- Dedicated online tutor
- Ability to book one-on-one consultations
Endeavour College is a direct entry institution.
- English language proficiency equivalent to a 6.5 IELTS result is required
- For entry into this certificate, applicants must hold a qualification at a minimum level of Certificate IV in a health, allied health or related field (e.g. Fitness) and some experience working in that field
Please note: This course is not approved by CRICOS for international students. Only domestic students (Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent visa holders) may enrol in this course.
Graduates will be eligible to pathway into further study with Endeavour College of Natural Health. Completion of this Certificate may also provide credits into other Higher Education Provider allied health qualifications.
Explores the therapeutic potential of food to prevent and treat disease. Contemporary issues relating to growing, storing, processing, preparing and regulating food are discussed, and the impact of external factors on food quality and safety are investigated.
Establishes the essential bridge between bioscience and nutrition science. Students explore the biological and physiological functions of macro and micronutrients.
Introduces dietary and nutrition analysis and considers relevant dietary patterns and nutritional needs across the human lifespan.
Addresses the multifactorial issues that contribute to obesity and underweight issues, focusing on evidence-based strategies for weight management that encompass models and theories of change and coaching strategies.
Introduces students to the specific nutritional requirements for athletes with emphasis placed on the practical application of sports nutrition guidelines and practices.
About Endeavour College of Natural Health
Our vision is to promote and advance the philosophy and practice of natural medicine and wellbeing by producing high-quality graduates who will go on to be leaders in their fields of practice. We are dynamic and innovative whilst maintaining traditional wisdom in a personalised learning environment. We aim to create an empowering experience achieving excellence in teaching and learning and connecting with the community.
We are enrolling now for Semester 2 study with our on-campus intake commencing 3 August 2020.
As a direct entry institution, you do not need to wait for end of year results release or need to apply via a tertiary admissions centre. You can apply to study directly through us at any time.
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College!
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a trading name of Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 31489)